Chapter 11: Soobin's cooking

Beomgyu POV:
I walk into Huening's apartment, with the scent of warm soup made by Soobin.
"Tada! Soup time!"
"Soobinie~ you're so good at cooking~~"
"Awwww. I don't think I am, but thanks NingNing~~" Soobin can never take a compliment, huh..
"Soobin-ssi!" I slam my hands on the table. "TAKE THE COMPLIMENT, YOU'RE GOOD AT COOKING!"
"Ok, ok! Fine, I am good at cooking, thank you~"
Yeonjun and Taehyun seem hesitant to eat.
"Guys, you can eat, go ahead." Chaeryoung urges
They exchange a look and slowly begin to eat.
Why were they so afraid to eat??
Yeonjun POV:
Vampires can't eat actual food. Well, we can, but like, we just throw it up 2 hours later. And this is soup, a water based food. So not only will we be throwing up, we'll be really itchy until we get it out of our system.
Taehyun dramatically throws his spoon down.
"I can't eat this, I'm sorry."
"Taehyun! Get back here and eat this right now!" Why can't he just be polite and eat the soup??
"It's just.....it reminds me of my father....."
Taehyun literally never met his father, wtf??
"What happened with your father, Taehyun-ssi?" Chaeryoung asks, concerned.
"He...he...he used to cook me soup, remember Yeonjun?" For someone who enjoys telling the truth, Taehyun sure is a good liar.
"One day, he said he was going to make soup, and, and when he came back from the store, he, he never came back."
"Yep" I guess I'll go along with his bullshit.
"Omg, that's terrible, are you ok?" Beomgyu asks concerned. I hate seeing him concerned, but I can back out of Taehyung's lie now.
"Yeah, he just kinda left us that day, and we have seen him since. I think it was Taehyun's fault because he was the on that asked for soup."
"Hey! How is it my fault that our father went missing?" Dang, he's really angry for a fake story he made up.
"Guys, guys! You don't have to eat my soup if you don't want to, I understand." Soobin says. almost annoyed of the energy that the room has entered.
Taehyun and I sit there awkwardly while everyone else eats the soup. I get that he didn't want to have the uncomfortableness of vomiting, but this is almost more uncomfortable...
I decide, against my better judgment, to eat the soup. Taehyun looks at me in shock as I pick up the spoon and start eating.
"Mmmm. This is really good Soobin-ssi."
"Thank you! I'm glad you enjoy it!" His face lights up. Beomgyu smiles at me for a moment, almost like he's proud of my accomplishments. I ruffle his hair, which makes him shy away for a second.
"What's wrong Beomgyu??"
"Nothing, I just..."
"It's ok, I'll stop if it makes you uncomfortable."
"Nono, it's not that, it's just...I'm not used to this kind of attention." Everyone at the table oooooooohs, as they were doing with Soobin and Huening Kai earlier. Are Soobin and Huening Kai dating? I decide to ask.
"Noooo! Omg, we're not dating, why does everyone think that?" Soobin says, frustrated.
"Well, you guys seem to have a certain connection that's unmatched. Sorry, I mistook it for something else..."
"No, no it's fine..." Huening Kai jumps in "We get that a lot, don't we Soobinie~~~" he rubs Soobin's stomach. How are they not dating???
Time effortlessly runs out, and it's time for Beomgyu to go home.
"I'll see you tomorrow, right?"
"Of course! See you tomorrow, hyung!"
"Bye Beomgyu, see you tomorrow." I can't help but smile. We're hanging out tomorrow too?? Let's goooooooooooo!
Taehyun and I arrive back at the woods. I'm still annoyed at him for making up that stupid shit about his father. "Taehyun, what was that all about?? Why'd you make up that whole story about your father?? I thought you didn't even know who your father was!!"
"I didn't. And hey, I was trying to save us both, you know what happens to us when we eat food. I could see how itchy you were from the water. You should have just followed my lie!"
"Taehyun! You....." I try to continue, but I feel something come up. All of the soup I ate earlier disperses upon the ground.
"Ugh....Yeonjun-hyung...this is what I was talking about! I was trying to save you from this."
"Uuuuuhhhh....." I don't feel so good. Is this what it feels like to be hung over?
"C'mon hyung. Lay down right here, I'll go get you something, I'll be right back."
I lay down as Taehyun tells me to. I almost forgot what it's like to be sick. This makes me chuckle. It's almost like Beomgyu is turning me into a human again, or at least giving me human experiences.
Taehyun comes back shortly
"Here, Hyung, I got you this cow heart."
"God, what's with your obsession with cow blood??"
"It's tasty, I don't know what you're talking about!"
"Uuuuuuhhh....don't even talk to me about eating."
"C'mon hyung, this won't make you throw up! Plus, it'll help you regain your strength, you need to eat something!"
"Fine." I grab the heart and eat it in 2 or 3 bites, it's blood dripping down my chin. It tastes warm, but not as warm as the hugs I receive from Beomgyu. I suddenly think about him. I hope he's ok, he
did seem pretty distressed today.
"Taehyun, I wanna go visit Beomgyu."
"Yeonjun-hyung, it's nighttime, he's probably sleeping, humans tend to do that you know."
"Hmm..sleeping... I wanna try that..."
"Hyung, you know vampires are incapable of sleeping, you'll just be wasting your time!"
"I know I know, but I wanna try."
"Ugh. Fine, do what you want, I'm gonna go paint on some trees or something."
I lay down and close my eyes, attempting to regain the essence of sleep lost centuries ago.