Chapter 33: Beomgyu's story

This takes place right after Beomgyu goes home when he finds out who Yeonjun really is:
Beomgyu POV:
I don't understand what's just happened. Yeonjun= vampire?? How?? Why?? Why did he lie to me?? Why did he lead me on like this?? Was this all just for my blood? How are vampires even....
My head tumbles as I try to figure out what the truth really is. All these questions are bubbling up, yet with no answers in sight. I don't want to think about anything. Distressed and confused, I collapse to the ground, letting this cold winter devour me.

When I arrive home, something's off. Usually it will be almost pitch black by my house, but tonight it looks like every single light is on.
Hesitantly, I open the door, unsure of what to expect. Did Minjae come home?? Is my mom going crazy? Well, she's already kinda crazy I suppose.....
"There you are!" My father grabs me and slaps me across the face.
"Dad!" I shield my face, surprised and angered by his sudden response.
"You're not my son! Why would my son kiss a man?!" He screams at me, enraged.
This can't be happening, and today of all days?!
"At first I brushed it off, I thought your mom was just being drunk again when she told me. But Beomsoo called me today and confirmed it; you're seeing a man!"
"Dad!" I cry out painfully. Beomsoo!! How can I even call him my brother?
"I've already packed your bags, you're leaving this house."
"Dad, please! You're overreacting, I...."
"Get out, now!" He throws a suitcase at me.
"Fine. So that's how it's gonna be, huh?" A wave of angst suddenly rushes over me, "Well I'm glad I can finally get out of this shithole, you guys have never cared about me, have you?"
My mother comes from the kitchen, "oh Beomgyu, of course we..."
"Then why are you abandoning me? Huh? You know what, you can't abandon me because you were never there for me in the first place! Mom, you're always off drinking and gambling. And Dad, do you really have no time to spend with your son? Does your entire life consist of chastising mom and her boyfriend?? Have you ever once thought about my needs? You've never helped me before, so I'm sure I can do just fine on my own!"
"Beomgyu dear...." my mother mewls.
Annoyed and betrayed beyond comparison, I slam the door shut, lugging the heavy suitcase to Huening Kai's appartement. I can't risk going to Soobin's house, I don't want his mother to worry about me.

"Beomgyu-ssi~" Huening opens the door, enlightened by my arrival, "Why do you have a suitcase?" He asks, confused.
"Long story" I shake my head, exhausted, "Can I stay here for awhile??"
"Of course, come on in." He takes my suitcase into the apartment. Soobin is asleep on the couch.
"Soobin-hyung???" I ask, surprised.
"Yeah, he wanted to stay the night..."
Damn it! First Yeonjun lies to me, then I get kicked out of my house by my parents, and now I have to be a third-wheel??! How could all this go on within 24 hours?!!

Huening says I can sleep on his bed tonight, "you look a little worn out..." he said. I think he just wants to sleep with Soobin, but that's besides the case. Despite laying  in Huening's cushy bed, I can't seem to fall asleep; my mind keeps wandering back to a certain boy....
He didn't seem that evil when I met him, not when I dated him either. I fumble with the bracelet he gifted to me. Come to think of it, what would he have told me if he was honest? I would've thought he was crazy, talking about vampires and ghosts. But that's what he is; a vampire. He never did anything to hurt me, never bit me or attacked me. He said that he would never leave me. So why did I leave him like that??

As I spend the next few weeks at Huening Kai's house, I start to desperately miss Yeonjun; his warm smile, his soft hands, his words that cradled me, his arms that held me, and his lips, his lips that gently kissed me. But there's no way he would want me back, I mean I just left him, insulting who he was. It would be better to just forget him, although I don't think that's possible. He will forever be apart of me, his love and care for me imprinting a piece of him upon my soul.

"Soobin says his mom is going to Seoul to see some family, wanna come??" Huening asks me as I eat my breakfast; an omelette with some toast.
"I don't know, isn't it weird since we're not related to her??"
"No, she said we could come and look around the city. I've never been, so I'm definitely gonna go! You should come too~~~"
"Hmmm.....alright. I might as well distract myself from reality for a little bit."
"Beomgyu-ssi, are you ok?"
"Yeah." I lie. I miss Yeonjun so much that it hurts. "When do we leave?"
"Tonight!" He raises his hands, excited.

We spend the evening touring Seoul, the city's life seeming duller than before. Yeonjun and I stayed at that hotel. I recall the night he smashed my brother's phone and ran off with me. Feeling his bracelet on my wrist, I suddenly feel a little colder without his presence. My phone rings, surprising me so much that I almost drop it while trying to answer.

"Hello?"
"Beomgyu-ssi, you need to come back, now." It's Chaeryoung on the other end.
"Why? W-what happened?" I ask, worried.
"It's Yeonjun." My mouth opens agape, unsure of how to respond. I haven't seen him in so long, he doesn't want to see me....
"Beomgyu-hyung? You still there?" It's Taehyun now. I still don't respond. "Hyung, you need to come back, it's an emergency."
"Well, what happened??"
"Are you sitting down?" I sit down on a bench with Huening after his question
".. yes..." I slowly reply.
"We need you to come back because Yeonjun's dead, and you're the only one that can revive him."
This time I really do drop the phone, completely frozen in utter disbelief.
"Hyung, are you alright?" Huening asks concerned.
"Yeonjun needs me, we're going back home. Right now."