Chapter 4: socialization?

Yeonjun POV:
"So you agreed to meet with humans at 8 tonight?! Humans?!"
Taehyun has had an aversion to humans for a while now, despite being one at one point.
"Hey, hey, calm down! We'll be fine, it's at night, the sun will be down, and...."
"Woah woah woah. We? You think I'm going to hang out with humans?? Hahaha, that's funny."
"Relax Taehyun! Why do you hate humans so much anyways?"
"Well, why do you like them?"
He has a good point, why did I decide to hang out with that boy....
"I'm not going, ok?"
"Ok..." I roll my eyes.
I have a watch from 1910 from this Japanese dude I used to hangout with. It still seems to work. I haven't had to be on time somewhere in so, so long.
When I get to the karaoke place, I don't see him there.
"Excuse me sir, um, did you happen to admit anyone named Beomgyu into one of your rooms?"
"Yeah.... are you Yeonjun by any chance? He was waiting for you for a while. I think he figured you weren't coming and just went in with his other friends."
"Oh, umm, can I go in now?" I say, feeling a little guilty now. I thought I would be on time, how long did he wait for me??
"Here, follow me"
Beomgyu POV:
"We've already waited half an hour, I don't think he's coming Beomgyu."
"*sigh* Alright, you're probably right, Chaeryoung. Let's just go in."
I thought he would come, but I guess not. Maybe he got caught up with something? He does seem to be pretty busy.
"Cuz I, I, I'm in the stars tonight! Watch me-bring-the-fire- set the night alight~~~"
All of my disappointment goes away as I listen to Kai shout the lyrics to Dynamite. Chaeryoung grabs the mic at the bridge; "cuz...I~~~~~~I~~~bring-the-fire- set the night al-ight~yeaaaaah."
I join Soobin in doing the accompanying dance.
"Light-it-up-like Dynamite, wo-oah"
We all cheer upon the completion of the song. Kai hugs Soobin, Chaeryoung and I do a victory dance. I'm having a lot of fun, until he comes in, and I'm filled with a strange, nervous bubbly feeling.
"Hey~ sorry I'm late." He bows his head in apology.
"Oh.. no! It's ok! I'm glad you could make it. I-I mean, even if you're a bit late, that's better than not coming at all."
"Ok, but I'm confused, who is this guy?" Chaeryoung pouts in confusion.
"Yeah, you never introduced us, who is he?"
"Uhh..." I fumble for an acceptable answer I can't just say I met him in the woods, that's weird.
Before I can respond, Yeonjun jumps in, blurting out: "I'm from North Korea."
We all gasp. "WHAT??" So that's why he doesn't have a phone and why he's always running off!
"So...are you on the run or something?"
"Well yeah. I mean, it's not like they let me leave."
"Huh." We all just stand there in shock as the karaoke machine shuffles through various songs.
Yeonjun, noticing the awkwardness, starts to look through the songs. "Anyways, what song do you guys wanna sing?"
"Uh...umm... you chose, what's your name?"
"Oh! Yeah, sorry, I'm Yeonjun."
I introduce the others to Yeonjun,
"This is Soobin and Huening Kai, best couple ever,"
"Hey! We're not dating!"
"Anyways, this is Chaeryoung, an aspiring artist, trapped in a small town!"
"Pretty much, yeah."
"And... you already know me! So let's sing now!"
"Hmmm. I don't really know many of these songs... ooh! What's "Trouble " by Namjoon?"
"Wait! That one has..."
But it's too late, the song has already started.
Yeonjun grasps the mic, and starts singing
"Sup... so seductive... so sexy. I think you'd look good in black stockings, even without them baby, you're my star king, girl..." His body moves with the song, his movement expressing a certain delicacy and grace, yet roughness and something deeply hidden that I can't quite describe. Huening starts to scream the moans I so despise in this song, and the mood is lost.
"HOOOOOO~HAOOOOOOO~~ Ah.. aH aaH Ah aaaah..."
After the song is over, Soobin jokingly congratulates Huening "Good job, NingNing~. Look! We got 95 points!" They giggle as they rub their noses together.
Chaeryoung and I look at each other and shake our heads.
We sing a couple more songs, well, more like scream. After our voices get tired, we decide to walk around the town. Huening and Soobin walk together, as always, and Chaeryoung leads the way. Yeonjun trails awkwardly behind.
"Hey, what are you doing back there? Come walk with us!"
"Well...ok." He seems to hesitate for a moment before joining up with us.
"So, you're from North Korea, huh. What's it like up there? How did you escape?"
"Well...uh..." He searches for an answer. Dang it! Why did I ask him? That's probably traumatic for him, God I'm so stupid sometimes!
"Uh.. you don't have to answer if you don't want to, I know it's probably a sensitive topic for you, I-I  shouldn't have asked, sorry..."
"No, no, it's ok, I don't really like to talk about it though... but uh... where are you from?"
"Oh! Well..." I stutter, surprised the question was aimed at me, "I used to live in Seoul until I was about 3. Then my dad moved back to his hometown to take care of my grandma."
"Oh! That's nice of him. Do you visit your grandma often?"
"Well, uh, she's dead now, so..." I look the ground, remembering my grandma and how strong she was.
"She battled cancer for 11 years, and still managed to take care of me." I don't mention how she was basically the one who raised me and my brothers, with my mom always gambling and my dad working long shifts at work.
"Omg, I'm so sorry, I didn't know. At least she's in a better place now."
"Yeah... hey, you know that necklace you found yesterday? It was my grandma's, so I really appreciate you finding it, thank you so much."
"Oh! of course! I'm glad I could help." He similes to himself, which makes me feel tingly for some reason. It's like a weight has been taken off of my shoulders and replaced with his smile. Why do I feel this way??