26 - Christmas

The next day we woke up about 5 minutes before his parents actually got there. I was making coffee for Luke and tea for me when Luke walked in with his ma and pa. The boys ran up to me hugging my legs. I bent down hugging them. His mother and father gave me a hug too and talked for a little. I gave his mom tea and his dad coffee as we sat in the Den and watched the boys play around. Luke said he needed to talk to me and we went into his room. He said we were gonna take some of my clothes out of my room and put them in his so his parents could use the dresser and have the bed in there since I stay with him. I was okay with this. I even took my things out of the bathroom and put them in Luke's since that would be easier.

Luke and his father brought in their things as I sat and talked with his mother getting to know her a little more. It was great being able to do that. She seemed like she liked me. She always would smile and everything. When Tater came over to me and wanted to sit on my lap I picked him up. I said a few things to him and then let him sit in my lap and play with his action figure. Leclair had a huge smile on her face when I looked over at her. Bo sat on the couch in-between us because he didn't want to be left out.
I made dinner for all of us with Leclairs help. She insisted that she helped making fried chicken. We all ate and had fun. I was going to put the boys to bed by myself but Luke helped me out. He read to Tater that night while I put Bo to bed. Bo asked me to sing him a song. I asked him what he wanted and he said daddy's song. I chose what country is. He fell asleep after I finished the first chorus. I got up and turned around seeing Luke leaning in the door smiling. I pushed him out the room and shut the door. He held me close to him and kissed me. His father cleared his throat and that made us jump and look at him.

HIs parents went to bed and then Luke was going to bed. I wanted to make sure everything was clean. I did that and went into Luke's room. I grabbed some of my clothes and took a shower then went to sleep.

It was Christmas Eve and about 8 in the morning. Luke was still asleep but everyone else was up. I asked the boys if they wanted to help make cookies for Santa. They were all happy about it. I went to my room and went in the closet getting out what I got them thinking and hoping they'd like it. I got them antlers for their heads. They both loved it. Leclair and Tommy went to the store to get something while I had the boys help me with cookies.
Luke came down and saw us all at the table making cookie dough. We made sugar and chocolate chip from scratch. He kissed all of our foreheads.

"Daddy look I'm a deer." Tater said about to grab his antlers but he actually just pointed to them. "Bo too!" Luke smiled looking at both of them.
"Nikki's a doe!" Bo said.  Luke looked at me. He smirked.
"That she is. You get these for the boys?" I nodded
"Wanna be papa buck?" I asked. He smiled.
"Ya daddy! We'll be baby deer's!" Tater said.
"Fawns Tate." I said. He looked at me.
"Fawns are baby deer?" I nodded.
"We're fawns daddy. Your papa buck and Nikki is doe buck." Luke and I busted out laughing.
"A bucks a boy Tate. A doe is a girl." Luke said patting his head grabbing the other set of antlers.
"Coffee is made. Your mom and dad are at the store." Luke nodded. He got himself some coffee and then sat at the table with us.
"Gonna help us make cookies for Santa Daddy?" Bo asked him.
"Sure buddy."

We all made cookies and we used the cutter to make them into Santa shapes and gingerbread men and candy canes. We put them in the oven and cleaned up the table having a few trays left to put in the oven. Luke cleaned the boys up while I cleaned up the table. His parents got back. They said they got us all Christmas outfits. Luke and I looked at each other. He made a face -which made me smile and try not to laugh.
When the cookies were done we let them out to cool. We had lunch then we hung around listening to Christmas music. Luke was playing the piano and the boys were singing along to Christmas songs. Luke had me come over to the piano with him. We played songs together and the boys were singing with us.