40 - Short and Sweet

I woke up extra early and got sick again. I was taking the boys with me to go get my prenatal vitamins and other things I should be having now that I'm pregnant. After I made the boys breakfast I made sure they got dressed. I got a shower and dressed. I got them in their car seats and went straight to Wal-Mart.

As I got all the stuff, I decided to get a few things for the house. I also was going to let the boys pick out a toy each since they were being really good. Once I got the things for the house I was heading towards the toy isle when I heard my name get called.

"Pup!" I heard footsteps coming towards me. I put a smile on my face and turned around to Steven. He had his daughter and son trailing behind him.

"Hey Steve!" I said happy to see someone I knew and cared about. He gave me a big hug then looked at the boys.

"Hey Tate and Bo." Steve said giving Bo a high five then one to Tate. They both smiled.

"I see you brought your little ones along. Hi Athena, Hello Junior." I said as they both came up and hugged me. I saw Steven still towards the cart. Tate was sitting in it because he didn't want to walk.

"Uh, pup. Why do you have prenatal vitamins?" Steven asked turning around. I looked at him shit; someone else is going to find out. The boys don't even know.

"Umm well..." I started but I felt a tug on my pants.

"Mama I wanna go look at the toys." Bo said all excited. I did promise we would be quick and leave so they could play. I looked at Athena and Junior.

"Well since it is about three isles away, as long as you stay in Athena's sight I have no problem if you four walk over there. As long as it's okay with Steve of course." I said looking at Steven.

"Yeah, Thena just don't let the young ones out of your sight or throw things to get kicked out okay? Junior doesn't do or encourage that." Steven warned they both saluted him and giggled before I helped Tate out of the cart but Steven got him for me. He put him down and Tate ran off to catch up to the other ones. "You're pregnant. You can't lift heavy object ya know." Steven told me I rolled my eyes.

"I'm only a month. I found out yesterday. Calm down. I'm still shaken up and Luke isn't talking to me much. He just…. I don't know. I'm kinda of afraid Steve." I said. Steven brought me into an embrace.

"It's alright. It's not that scary. Luke will come around. He loves you more than anything and I can see that. He is a great guy. Don't worry about him. Just give him space like all guys need after a pregnancy that we didn't expect to happen. I was like that with Thena. You'll be a wonderful mother. I'm happy for you." Steven said bringing me back in for a hug and making me feel a little better.

"Thanks Steve. I just don't know. I didn't get a good morning text from Luke yet. I haven't even tried to text him because I'm scared. What if he doesn't talk to me till he comes home?" I said getting freaked out now.

"Calm down. He will talk since 1, you are with his kids and he probably can't not talk to them for a long time. 2, you're his girlfriend who he loves beyond anything and you can tell. 3, you're baring his child right now. No man walks away from that unless they are not a man and Luke is a man. Come on, let's get out of here, go out and get lunch since it's like 2 and I haven't fed these kids since I got them at 10." Steve said grabbing my cart and walking towards the kids.

We went out to a diner with all four kids and ordered food. It did get my mind off of everything. I swore our waitress thought Steve and I were together and had all these kids. The only thing is none of these kids looked anything like me. At least Thena and Junior looked like Steve but Tate and Bo looked like Luke. This made me really wish Luke was here.