38 - Hunter

It has only been a few days after the talk with Luke and I feel much better. Something about him brings me out of a shell I put myself into and I bloom brighter than before. The boys are happy that I'm more playful and I am doing a lot more around the house than just sitting around being a grouch.

Luke really loves it too. He has been cuddling with me more. He will do random cute things. He even made me breakfast in bed this morning. He is such a delight to have around. I haven't really had to do anything for far besides play with the boys.

I was in the kitchen with the boys as they were chasing each other around the house. I told them to be careful because they are going to fall. Luke walked in and almost had Bo run into him. Bo stopped and giggled before continuing his run. Luke just laughed and came over to me. He pulled me to him and kissed me passionately before we heard a small little voice say, "ew." We looked down and had Tate at our legs pulling on both of our jeans. I bent down and picked him up.

"How is kissing me eww?" I said to him.

"Cause you’re a girl. Bo says y'all's have cooties." Tater told me. I looked at Luke and laughed a little.

"Nikki doesn't have cooties Tate. Daddy would have them." Luke explain. I got a bright idea.

"And now you would too!" I said then started to kiss his cheeks. He squealed in happiness and giggled so much. I stopped after a short time to let him get his breath back. He had red cheeks and tears down his face with a huge smile plastered along with it.

"Mommy, Daddy." We heard another voice from down below. Bo had his hands behind his back.

"Yes Bo?" Luke said picking him up so he wasn't left out.

"Can we go wheeling? We haven't been wheeling in forever." Bo gave his puppy dog eyes to Luke. Luke looked away from him to me.

"Well, it's up Nikki." Luke smirked at me. I get to choose? Ok so now I got to say yes if he's been good and if I see we are all up to it. I say no if he has not been good or Tate hasn't been good and if one of us doesn't want to. I looked at Tate and smile at him.

"I would love to go wheeling. You down Tater bug?" I asked Tate. Tate shook his head furiously. That made all of us laugh and know he was more than excited to be going wheeling.

We made sure the boys got their boots on and I went and got mine on. Luke had two raptors so I would have Tate with me and Bo would be with Luke. I wasn't going to do a bunch of turning and what not because of how small Tate was. I was just going to go through the muddy trails in the back yard.

We were racing through the trails after being out there for 30 minutes. Tate would yell faster mama faster! I would only go slightly faster. It was great. We had mud all over the place. Luke let Tate and I win. He probably knew I wasn't trying to endanger Tate.

When we were done we got back to the house and I went to the hose. I told the boys to line up to get sprayed. Tate and Bo were jumping and giggling when I sprayed them. I had a huge smile on my face. Right then and there I felt happier and like nothing could ruin it. When it was my turned to get sprayed the boys wanted to do it. Luke was still slightly muddy so he told them to get both of us.

Now all four of us were soaking wet and laughing our asses off. The boys washed off the dune buggies. I just watched them as Luke came up behind me putting his arms around me. We swayed back and forth as he held onto me and I held onto his hands.

"I'm so glad you're back to normal." Luke said kissing my cheek. "I missed this type of things with you." I turned my head and kissed him.