46 - Baby Time

Once I could speak Luke was pulling me to him. I held onto him.

"What's going on Luke?" I asked.

"You were having a bad dream baby." he told me.

"It was of a woman taking you away from me. I couldn't bare that Luke. I may be selfish for this but I want you forever." I told him. He kissed more foreheads.

"I want you forever too baby. We can be selfish together." I smiled as he kissed my forehead again but then I felt the sharpest and most hurtful pain ever. I screamed in pain. Luke jumped but kept me with him. I grabbed onto my stomach. "What's wrong?" Luke frantically asked me. I breathed in to try to feel okay again but then my hand moved down to under my gown. I was wet.

"Luke, turn on the light. I think my water just broke." I said slowly but surely freaking out as time went on.

"Oh shit. Okay." Luke moved away and turned the light on. I moved the blanket and sure enough a huge wet spot was on the bed. I was starting to breathe heavier. I looked at him and he just went into daddy mode. "I got to get the baby bag. I'll help you get dressed into other clothes. I'll call the midwife. I got to get dressed. I got to start the truck. I'll call mama and papa and make sure that they help call everyone and they are on the next flight here. "Luke said getting out of bed and getting the baby bag and finding clothes for both of us.

I got up and moved to the other side of the bed. I wanted to get cleaned first so I went into the bathroom. I washed myself quickly before Luke came into the bathroom and we got ourselves dressed. I pushed him away because I could still dress myself.
We got into the truck and were on our way to the hospital. He had the midwife on the Bluetooth and I was able to talk to her. She said she will call the hospital and get us a room and let them know that I'm past my due date. One we hung up I felt a really sharp pain and couldn't help but groan loud and hold my stomach as I buckled over. Luke grabbed my hand and said squeeze and he talked me through breathing as it happened two more times as we got to the hospital.

I made sure Luke called my brother first, then he called Jacob to call his family, then he called Steve. I wanted my best friend here. I also wanted Jess and Miranda here or at least knowing what was going on. I wanted Jacob and his family to know but not show up since it was so late and that we'd let them know when he was born.

I instantly got in and Luke filled out paperwork as we got situated in the room. Just as Luke finished all the paper work Steve and Jess both came through the door. Jason slowly was behind and walked with Luke back down to reception to give the papers so they could enter it. Just as Jess was going to ask me a question I had a contraction again. She was telling me about how she got through them when a doctor came in.

He was talking to us and I told him I had a midwife that was on her way which he said was wonderful sine she would know everything anyway. Luke got back to the room and I wanted him right by my side. I didn’t want him to leave anymore.

The realization of having a baby was kicking in and I was scared again. I was past due and I don't know if things were going to be okay. I would only know when the midwife got here and checked me out. I already had an IV and everything. Steven was trying to make the situation funny when he realized I was freaking out.

"Hey pup. Look at Luke." Steve said. I looked at Luke and he looked at me. "Don't freak out. He is here, I'm here, and Jess is here. You're going to be fine." Steve told me. I didn't wanna take my eyes off of Luke.
"It'll be alright baby. You and I are going to have our baby boy soon. You're going to get through this and be the first to hold him. Don't be scared. I'm right here besides you. I won't leave. Trust me just breath baby."