50 - Wedding Plans

Luke has been back for two weeks and we had set a date for 6 months from now for the wedding which meant that I'm going to be uptight but he got me to hire a wedding planner. Which we were going to go through everything I would want today. Luke was also going to be around because I wanted his input on our wedding.

Since Luke has asked me to marry him, he has been interviewed multiple times on what is the date of the wedding? What is the theme? Are the boys going to be a part of the ceremony? Has is it being away from now 3 children and a fiancé? Luke has even said people have wanted to ask me questions but he said he wouldn't want me to be bombarded with questions. He said that his manager would keep track of everything and see when the best time for everything would be. She would even check in with me.

Steve has Bo and Tate today. Buck is with Luke and me while we make the wedding plans. We have been talking about everything together. I wanted his input as much as possible because this is as much his wedding as it is mine. It's also both our second weddings. Luke told me that Caroline didn't keep him in on the planning. He just said screw it and worked on his music so he is happy that I'm having him in. I had no choice besides having a Marine wedding.

Luke was holding onto Buck while I was cleaning the counter. The door bell than rang and I went and got it. Our wedding planner was here. She came in with open arms and hugged me. She congratulated me. She was a little too happy for my liking but it was whatever. She has a good record with amazing weddings. I brought her where Luke was since it might be smart to have everything on a large table. She brought a luggage bag with her so I' thinking those are sample things.

"Hello, I'm Mira Banker. I'm your wedding planner. You are Luke and Nikki correct?"

"Yes." I said as Luke looked at me giving me the, "Seriously?" face. All three of us went into the dining room.

"Before we begin, do you guys have anything you already have picked out or are you still undecided on basically everything?" She asked.

"We have discussed colors, and how many people, and where." Luke told her.

"Fabulous! What colors if we can start there?" I looked at Luke and we both smiled.

"Blue and Green." We said in unison.
"Do you have designs picked out? Like table ornaments, what color dressers are the bride's maids, the groom's men's ties; the little mans tie, lights, candles, table cloths, and flowers?" She asked. My eyes got wide. I don't remember this much. We both shook our heads.

"I had a slight idea. The bridge maids in nice green, groomsmen have the blue since we will have our own favorite colors. Everything else was not thought of." I told her. She jotted things down in this notebook.

"Okay, how many people do you plan? 100, 200?" She asked. Luke and I smiled.

"240." We said.

"Do you have the list?" We both nodded. "Where is the wedding then the reception?"

"Wedding is at the church on 22nd. Then the reception is in the ball room about 3 miles from there. We already have them knowing about both. The ballroom fits 300 so we have enough room if we decided to add a few faces." I told her. She looked surprised.

"Well one of the most stressful things is done. Have you picked out your dress yet?" I shook my head no.

"I'm waiting a few more months to get away with baby fat." I said.

"You're fine baby. You look just as good as before the baby." I rolled my eyes.

"I'm still trying to tone up, but the girls and I are going to go in two months to pick out dresses for them and my two dresses." I said. She nodded and jotted more down.