35 - Life Or Death

I head to the bar with Steven. We were meeting Pat there. I parked and got out with Steven. We sat that Pat was outside and walked up to him. Steven and Pat had a cigarette before we walked in. I just stood out there keeping conversation with them. I had my phone in my pocket just in case Luke texted me. This was the first time I really went out with Steven alone, well any guy in general without Luke. I've done this about four times with the girls. Shopping, then hair cutting.

We went inside and I got a soda first so I could have my beer next. We sat around and bullshitted. Everything was going great. We were having a bunch of fun. I forgot how much fun going out with guys was. When JC was on tour I would go out with Jacob and Derek, and Dave and other guys since they were basically my guy friends. Now it felt amazing being able to do it without worries.

We talked about what's been going on and my brother was telling us how he got this new job at this place selling things. He didn't tell us much and he left a lot of things vague. I didn't ask many questions because I didn’t want Pat to get mad or to ruin anyone's fun time.

I finally had my beer and Steven was on his third while Pat was on his fourth. He was drinking like a fish tonight. Something was bothering him. I didn't bring it up. I wanted to so bad but I'll wait a while and ask him to go outside. That would be the best. There were people in the bar that I saw before and one came up to me and talked to me. She joined and Steven was staring at her. I laughed on the inside seeing Steven give that stare made me know what he wanted.

The guys went out for a cigarette and left me inside to talk to her. Then her date came and got her and took her away. I finished my beer and got another drink. The guys finally came back in and Pat seemed different but Steven walked in with a smile. Steven brought up a story from back in the day and that made us all die laughing. I couldn't imagine saying no to this night now. It seemed like nothing could go wrong until I talked to Pat. An hour later and he was drunk. I finally asked him to talk to me outside real quick and nodded at Steven showing him that it was going to be fine. When we got out there I sighed and he pulled out a cigarette lighting it.

"What's up sis? Everything good at home?" Pat asked drunk leaning against the bars outside wall.

"Yes everything's fine, it's actually perfect. I should be asking you that question. You seem bothered bro." I asked looking at him. He sighed and looked down.

"I'm just in trouble that's all. Nothing for you to worry about. I can deal with my own problems. I needed to get out that’s why I asked you two to come since yawls are fun. Alexis couldn't come because of the kids." I nodded.

"Well you know you can talk to me right?" He nodded.

"Yeah, just this is something I need to face on my own alright?" He looked at me. I knew to drop it by his expression.

"Yeah, I got it." I said kicking dirt.

We talked for a little bit outside. He lit another cigarette and talked about music. He was saying something about a piano when I felt someone grab me from behind and I felt something on my throat. I tensed up instantly. I looked at Pat who looked up and his eyes were wide. He dropped his cigarette and put his hands up. I felt pressure on my neck and could tell that was a knife at my throat. My eyes got wide. I was frozen. What the hell is going on?

"Yo, calm down. Leave her out of this!" Pat yelled. He had his hands out and walked closer to the person that had me.

"No Patrick. You fucking owe me 20 grand! Where is my fucking money?" I heard anger throughout this raspy voice of a man. Pat walked closer and the knife was more into my throat. Anymore and it would be cutting it.