48 - Breakdown

We have been home with the baby for about 8 months now. Luke has been on tour for 4 months since he saw I was able to take care of everything. Since Luke left things slowly started to get hectic. Buck is still the same but getting bigger. His cries are a lot louder but not as frequent. I now know what his face expressions mean and certain whines. He is even moving around a lot more now so I have to watch him more.

Bo is very helpful even though he can't do too much. He even tries to help keep Tate more in his hair than mine. After Luke left I had a schedule and the boys were okay with it. There were no problems. Now my schedule has gone to hell. It is stressing me out more than anything and I'm not telling Luke. He is going to see I can't do this by myself and come home and that is not what I want.

I want Luke to see I am a great woman and can do this by myself. I could do it with him here, why couldn't I do it without him. After this tour he is going to make another album so I'll have him to help then. I don't need him stressing on tour. He needs to work. I need to be able to do this.

Tate has been a big problem with me. In the beginning he would want to be around a lot. Then he started to get his jealousy. He was not liking the fact that I had to have the baby around a lot unless he was sleeping. When he was taking his naps I would be making food or cleaning to get things done. Tate didn't like that but since he helped screw up my schedule I have been able to hang out with the boys less.

The past week Tate has been worse. He has been screaming, crying, and not listening to me. He has been doing everything to get attention. He has broken a vase and a picture. He refused to eat. Just yesterday he had me at my last wit. He slid the plate off the table and yelled no. Which made Buck cry, and Bo scared because he can't take loud noises or fighting. He hated both of them.  I was fit to be tied because the plate broke. I grounded him and sent him upstairs. I asked him a few times that night if he was hungry and he shook his head no and wouldn't talk to me.

Today he has stayed in his room and ate lunch with all of us. I told him he was aloud downstairs but he hasn't come down yet. It was getting closer to dinner which I was dreading because I was hoping he wouldn't act out. I had the baby in a rocker, and Bo was watching TV with me. Everything else was quiet in the house. It was finally peaceful. Then my phone rang and it was Luke. I smiled knowing I'd finally hear his voice after a day of not hearing or seeing him.

"Babe!" I said happy as hell.

"Haha, hey baby. How is my most beautiful fiancé doing today?" He asked.

"I'm fine. How's my most handsome country singing fiancé doing?" I asked giggling.

"I would be better if I was home but great either way. I just wanted to call and check up on you and the boys. What are my little men up to?" Luke asked.

"Bo and Buck are down here with me and Tate is in his room." I said putting my fingers to my mouth knowing Luke's going to realize that Tate has been grounded at least 4 times since he has left a month ago.

"Why is Tate upstairs?" He asked.
"I told him earlier he could come down and watch TV but he isn't talking to me right now since I grounded him for breaking a plate yesterday." I said and he sighed.

"He will come around. Don't worry baby, you're doing a good job." I smiled and looked at Bo who was still looking at the TV and Buck who was kicking and enjoying just doing that. He probably wanted to be in his bouncer.

"Thanks Luke."

"It's just the truth babe. I got to get back on the bus but I love you, tell the boys I love them, and I'll talk to you later."