Year 3 - 24

October 31st. Halloween. Their first Hogsmeade visit. 

It should've been a wonderful day, and it had been. They had gone to the small village, walked through every shop and cafe and bought a bunch of sweets. The girls had had a plan to repeat their last year's event of having their own party in their dorm room while they were locked inside by the elders. This year they had even bought snacks, butterbeer, and some games from Zonko's to make the evening more interesting. Little did they know, all their plans would have to be cancelled. 

In their excitement, Daphne and Astrid had returned to the castle as one of the last people. They had barely made it into their dorm to begin preparing for the night, when it was suddenly announced Sirius Black had broken into the school and the students, for their own safety, would all have to sleep in the Great Hall.

Astrid was sad. Very sad. One night she had convinced her roommates to do something out of the ordinary and have some fun, and it all had to be cancelled.

But her sadness hadn't lasted long as Daphne's excited reaction greatly contrasted with the other annoyed, angered, or scared ones. She declared that it was truly brilliant. And she had many reasons to think that. One of them being - they could simply have the same type of a discreet party, only even with people from other rooms, houses and, most importantly, boys.

Though Astrid would've much rather enjoyed the comfort of having a night only with the closer circle of her friends, she couldn't deny it was a rather exciting idea. 

And so the girls just picked up part of their snacks, drinks, games, along with their pillows and the sleeping bags they had been given, and skipped upstairs to the Great Hall, to have a fun evening there.

Astrid wore sweatpants and one of the bigger t-shirts she had stolen from her dad, her hair done in a messy bun over her head. She had decided she didn't want to sleep in actual pyjamas in front of the whole school. Daphne, on the other hand, compared to her looked brilliant. Her blonde locks loose around her shoulders as she held her pillow over her chest attempting to look shy. She wore her pale blue silk nightgown (a gift from Yemaya) that revealed just enough to draw eyes but not so much as to be considered vulgar. With her golden hair and light blue clothing, the white pillow against her chest, she indeed looked like a daydream. As the girl herself had said, this would be a little sneak-peek for the boys of what they might have but would never get. Of course, they wouldn't be aware of the latter.

Astrid felt someone roughly colliding into her side, showing her sideways and then smacking over her hands, making the things she had been holding drop to the ground. 

"Filthy mudblood," Malfoy scoffed and Astrid just barely resisted the urge to throw at him some of the things he had just made her drop. Luckily she settled simply on an insult.

"Inbred pureprick," she scoffed right back only to be met with a gracefully raised middle finger as the boy strutted towards the Great Hall with Crabbe and Goyle tagging behind him.

Astrid was surprised at how many times there had been over the years when she had just wanted to smack the bloke and she wondered when would be the day she wouldn't contain herself and would actually break.

As they entered the Great Hall, Astrid was surprised by how much different it looked and felt. There were no tables, no chairs and it was a vast, empty space. By the time they had arrived, it was already filled with students. It surprised the girl how much louder it actually was in the room than compared to all of their mealtimes. Everyone seemed to be involved in one conversation or another - some were whispering about the escaped prisoner, some were cheerily chatting about completely different things, some were planning escape routes if the murderer would come after all of them, some were laughing about how they sounded like an elephant after eating a candy that made you sound like an animal. As always, Astrid was amused by the people around her and how different everyone seemed to be from one another. It was fascinating to her.