Year 5 - 95

It was two hours past their curfew when Draco and Astrid met down in the common room.

Half an hour later and they had successfully exited the school.

Astrid had seen the moon having yellowish tints before but never once in her life had she seen it being yellow to such an extent. It was big, full, bright and looked nearly like another planet. She gasped at the sight of it and the boy called her daft, hiding the fact he was just as mesmerized by it as her. Pulling their winter coats tighter around their bodies the two crept about in the darkness of the night, making their way towards the garden behind the greenhouse.

Professor Sprout much unlike Astrid was a professor and a Herbology specialist, therefore the woman knew perfectly how to take care of plants. Even now, in the middle of the winter, with negative degrees biting at their noses, the plants of the enchanted garden still grew and flourished. The fluxweed they had come to collect looked as fresh as ever.

Draco and Astrid had already begun on the lengthiest part of making the polyjuice potion - stewing the lacing flies. The process would take twenty-one days and not much could be done before they had finished that. Nothing much except for collecting the other ingredients they would be needing. Ones like the fluxweed they had come to collect during the full moon.

"I tried," Astrid sighed, crouching in front of the furrows, looking over the plants and trying to find one that matched the description best. "But it was impossible to bring the daughter up without sounding suspicious. Spent all evening with Hermione but the only thing I found out is that her fondness of books is even stronger than yours." She looked backwards, eyeing the standing boy up and down teasingly and with her lip turned up slightly in disgust. "Which says a lot."

She smiled at the way his nose scrunched up in disagreement and then turned back to the plants. Watching the plants and seeing as nobody had crouched down beside her, she looked back again.

"Are you just gonna stand there?" she snapped at Malfoy who stood with his arms crossed. "Fluxweed isn't gonna just jump out of the earth on its own, ya know."

"You take it out," the platinum-blonde grumbled as if it was the most obvious thing. "Why would I be doing it?"

"Khem," she coughed out in surprise. "Why would I be doing it?"

"Because-"

"Get down."

"No, because-"

"You do not want to know what will happen if you finish that sentence."

Draco eyed Ninomae carefully and saw the way she had subconsciously taken ahold of her wand. The cold air helped him feel more at ease than usual and for once the boy wasn't looking for an argument and just wanted to return back inside sooner.

He crouched down next to her, careful not to slide the end of his shoes into the dirt. They were expensive after all... After looking over the plants, he pointed at one he knew to be fluxweed. Astrid gave him a look that spelt out are-you-bloody-serious-right-now before she rolled her eyes and moved over the furrow to grab the plant she had been shown to.

"Next time we go out I'll wear high heels and a full-on dress gown so you can do everything for me."

"In that case, I'll wear my finest dress robes, the white vest and get myself some white shoes."

"Deal then," Astrid held out the hand she wasn't holding the fluxweed in. Malfoy glanced down at it, a little confused as to why they were shaking hands but went for it anyway.

Though the second their hands touched he knew he had messed up as Ninomae let out a hearty laugh and the boy pulled away, the palm of his right hand now smeared with earth.