Year 5 - 78

The moment Draco walked into the D.A.D.A. classroom the following week, he knew something was up.

There at the front of the room stood Rosier, playing catch with Davis, throwing about some odd ball-like object. 

Rosier never did anything but observe.

Davis never participated in anything that had the slightest implication of trouble.

Draco sat down in his seat and the ball was still being passed.

He watched Ninomae enter the room, her brows furrowed a bit in confusion as she questioned her friends about what was going on.

He saw nobody give her an answer.

After adjusting the Slytherin house ring on his finger, Draco went out to pull his book out, along with the parchment he used for notes. Although Draco personally liked reading, he had to admit that beginner books certainly weren't something he was suited for. It was ridiculous and if anything embarrassing that that was what they had to be learning from. He did not understand the Ministry's logic for not allowing them to learn any spells but he knew he was in no position to really disagree.

BAM

Draco whipped his head upwards to see a black smoke settle over the features of their bright pink professor. A quick glance at the smirking Davis and it was clear her missed throw hadn't been accidental. Another look back at the front and her black friend had set off to execute what Draco was certain was some kind of a plan.

Professor Umbridge was enveloped in a thick black fog, unable to see or hear anything properly. And while her senses were disabled, Rosier took to work. Ever so gracefully, her usual all-knowing grin plastered over her lips, she walked up to the professor's desk at the very front, with a swift hand movement wiping the table clean of all the papers on it, making them fall about all around her. 

As the fog began dispersing, she sat down in the newly composed pile of tests and homework assignments, sending a small smile her best friend's way.

Just the moment the fog had disappeared both Rosier and Davis switched their expressions to ones of utter shock and worry, both having placed a hand over their mouths.

"Oh, Merlin," Rosier gasped, her voice higher than usual as she looked at the visibly seething professor. Umbridge was trying to hide her true emotion by a sickly smile but in Draco's opinion, it did nothing but make her look even more disturbing. "I am so sorry, professor. I didn't mean to hit you and mix up all these papers you've sat here organising instead of teaching us anything at all."

Draco's mouth fell slightly agape, and after Theo let out an undisguised snort he could hear their classmates present beginning to laugh. Tormenting Umbridge was probably the only occasion Slytherins and Gryffindors could laugh together like that.

The blonde failed to refuse his eyes from wandering in the direction of Ninomae who was one of the only people sat not emitting a sound. The girl simply smiled down at her table, bitting away a wider grin.

He saw Greegrass turn in her seat next to Astrid, to address Davis asking something about being scared of punishment. To which the girl responded with a roll of her eyes and an "I couldn't be a bigger disappointment anyway."

Once more Draco couldn't help but look straight up at the green eyes of Tracey Davis as he wondered what that had meant. Being a disappointment was the most pathetic thing one could be. He knew he'd surely not allow himself to ever become one.

"Detention," professor Umbridge spoke, her soft voice laced with venom. Rosier adjusted in her seat over the parchments, surely crumpling some of them up. "For the rest of the week."