Year 4 - 63

The second task of the Triwizard tournament had come and Tracey had pulled all of her roommates to stand at the very front row and as close to the champions as possible in order so she could gush about seeing Cedric Diggory in his swimming attire.

Rosier kept grumbling about how inappropriate her behaviour was and that besides all that the green-eyed girl also had a boyfriend. To which Tracey kept wawing her hand dismissively that that didn't mean that she only found her boyfriend attractive. And that had led to their eventual discussion about whether or not monogamy is a choice and if finding others attractive while in a relationship is okay. Which is a story of its own and completely off the point.

Throughout all the affairs, Astrid's mind had been occupied with a different topic altogether. Malfoy. 

The girl was still mad for the stunt he had pulled to get her in trouble, yet that didn't stop her from wondering what else the lad knew about their fathers and if he could possibly have any answers. She was dying to approach him but she didn't know how.

If only the teens knew that one was just as eager as the other their talk would've happened way sooner and way easier.

The champions had dived into the water and after about 5 minutes of blankly staring into the depths of the Black Lake, Astrid had turned around, resting her back against the railing of the stands that had been set up in the water and watching the students around her. More often than not she caught herself staring at the platinum-blonde, her brows furrowed and she herself being lost in thought.

Draco had, of course, noticed. For his eyes betrayed him by jumping into the girl's direction more often than he'd like to admit.

He saw her watching and he held her gaze, Crabbe's blabbering becoming just faint background noise. The boy leaned back, resting himself against the railing behind him as well, and crossed his arms.

Shying away from anything had never been the fonte of either of the two teens. Even just staring at one another became a shameless competition.

Draco watched the lad next to Ninomae slip his hand around the girl's waist as he kept talking with his friends next to them. The sight nauseated him.

Lost in the stare Astrid didn't even notice the gentle touch at her side. Meanwhile, Draco didn't notice his glare intensifying as his tongue angrily poked at the inside of his cheek.

After another moment of silent contemplation, Astrid finally gave in. She'd rather just go and do it, instead of keeping herself guessing for no real reason whatsoever. 

The girl excused herself from her boyfriend, telling him she would be back in a minute as she then took a step toward the still staring Malfoy, to whom she gestured with her head to meet her at the abandoned corner of the open stands. The boy gave another glance in Hallminster's direction, seeing as the lad was looking, jumped his eyebrows at him once, before following Ninomae to the side.

"What do you want?" Draco kept his arms crossed as he walked up to the girl.

"For you to tell me everything you know," Astrid got straight to the point.

"And why would I do that?" the boy laughed leaning back against the railing the same as the girl did.

"So I tell you all I know and we can figure it out," Astrid had to swallow before she could speak the word with great distaste, "together."

The blonde scoffed. "And why would I want to figure anything out together?"

Astrid rolled her eyes and shook her head with a deep annoyed sigh. "Because I know you are just as curious as I am."