Year 5 - 115

Falling in love with Draco Malfoy felt like watching the sun rise at the crack of dawn. You knew you shouldn't be up. It would've been much better if you just slept through it. But you didn't. You had stayed up the whole night and you didn't regret a second of it. It was beautiful.

Falling in love with Draco Malfoy felt like watching the sun rise at the crack of dawn. You were watching the colours slowly changing in the sky - black turning into a soft greyish blue, the soft colours mixing with tints of red and pink and orange. It was slow and surprising.

Falling in love with Draco Malfoy felt like watching the sun rise at the crack of dawn. You were tired, but you didn't care. You were comfortable and at peace. You were watching the sun crawl up and nothing could disturb you. It was tranquil.

Loving Draco Malfoy was not. 

If anything, loving Draco Malfoy felt like sneaking back home after watching the sun rise, knowing your mum knew you had been gone. It had been exciting, but it became stressful. It had been easy, but it became complicated. 

Realising you had fallen in love so, was even worse. At least that's how it had been for Astrid. She had been watching the sun rise at the crack of dawn, peacefully, being under the impression that the tranquillity of the moment would last forever. But the lighting had struck, Astrid's heart clenched, bolts of electricity coursing through her veins and slowly but surely she realised that falling in love wasn't even near the biggest of the problems she now had.

"Hello, boys," Astrid drawled slowly, a wide smile spread across her cheeks as she leaned against the doorframe of the fifth-year boys' dormitory.

All as one they looked back at her from whatever each had been doing. Astrid's eyes remained trained on Malfoy's. He laid in his bed, propped up sideways on one elbow, an open book in his hands. She eyed his perfectly combed hair, the little crease of concentration of his fair brows and the way he appeared to be chewing on the inside of his cheek deep in thought. Watching him further the girl bit down on her bottom lip softly once she took notice of that he only wore a knitted black vest as a top. Astrid had never seen him dress like that, but she couldn't deny it to be a pleasant sight. 

His gaze raised to meet hers and she felt his eyes wander up and down her body, taking full notice of the determined stance she had taken up by the doorway before the crease in his brows straightened out.

"Malfoy," she nodded and his features morphed into one of confusion as he eyed her hands where Astrid held the few textbooks she had brought with her. Her smirk only deepened with every second he remained silent.

"What?"

"Rude," the smirk dropped hearing his tone of voice, quickly replaced by a frown. "No greetings? Anything?"

He eyed her slowly again, eyes narrowing slightly in suspicion. "What do you want, po- Ninomae?"

Before Astrid could answer, a loud laugh came from the other side of the room where Theo had been lounging on his own bed.  "Did you almost call her another girl's name?"

Malfoy frowned and Astrid smiled. The moment the boy growled a "Piss off!", she spoke a line of completely different nature. "No, he wanted to call me 'poppet', but got embarrassed."

As the lads of the room erupted in mocking laughter, Malfoy swallowed thickly, ever so slowly reverting his silvery eyes to glare straight through hers. He wished to freeze over the warmth of her eyes, but it was a long-known fact all that ever met was with the ice within his melting. 

Astrid saw the way he glared and only stood up straighter, crossing her arms over her chest and lifting her chin slightly. If he was being rude, she wasn't planning on holding anything back. The blonde merely scoffed and went to return to his book so to gain his attention again, Astrid spoke up.