Year 3 - 20

Sunday, Sunday, Sunday...

What a glorious Sunday could it have been.

Sunday...

What a peaceful morning could it have been if Tracey wouldn't have dropped a bloody violin on the floor of their room at 7 am...

Sunday...

How wonderfully could the day have passed if it hadn't been the once more brutal quidditch tryouts...

Sunday...

What a relaxing afternoon could it have been if the magic flowing around Hogwarts wouldn't have killed Astrid's only source of music.

Sunday...

What a very unglorious Sunday it really was.

Astrid was once again sat in her room totally unmotivated to finish all her homework, her insides begging her to go and do something instead of just sitting on her small old bed.

If on Saturdays the girls were often willing and even wanting to go out and have some fun, then Sundays were the designated catch-up-on-homework days which the girls mostly spent in their room or in the library. One would've thought Slytherins might be above studying and all they do is steal homework, but the reality was, even if one would find someone reliable enough to steal homework off every day, Hogwarts would leave them with piles upon piles of other stuff to do. Schoolwork was, simply put it, inescapable.

But it was around 6 pm just then, the sun still shone semi-brightly outside (Astrid had learned to tell by the way the water outside their window reflected it) and the day had almost ended, so her roommates surely must've finished most of their work. At least enough to take a small pause.

Ever since the first Care For Magical Creatures class, the girl hadn't stopped thinking about the small shack she had seen in the Forbidden Forest. She felt drawn to it. But then again... she felt drawn to anything that even whispered 'adventure'. Just think about how she had wanted to find the Chamber of Secrets the previous year and rid the school of danger almost singlehandedly. I mean... what idiot would do that?! Except for Potter, maybe... 

But the girl was curious nevertheless.

Astrid leaned down, her head hanging over the side of her bed, her hair hanging with it, and her hands gripping the side rails so she wouldn't simply fall out of it. She looked at Daphne who appeared to be scribbling something away in her purple notebook.

"Hi," the bored girl spoke and Daphne jumped slightly at the sudden voice and the sight of just her best friends head hanging upside down.

"Merlin, what are you doing?"

"Let's go out and do something. This little-"

"For the 100th time today, Ash, I'm busy. It's Sunday evening."

"And so... school can wait. It's not going to disappear anywhere."

"Darling, no."

Astrid groaned sitting back up straight and overlooking the room.

Maggie was out, as usual. Millicent and Pansy had gone to the library with the boys at around 4 and hadn't yet returned. The only other person in the room was Tracey Davis, who was reading over something.

"Tracey," Astrid started very uncharacteristically enthusiastic and the green-eyed girl looked up unamused. "You surely finished all of the school work last weekend already, so-"

"We were at home last weekend, Astrid."

"It's an expression..."

"There is no such expression."