Year 5 - 100

The next few weeks consisted of secret meetings and stolen kisses, more often than not while working on their potion. Poor Myrtle had had to revert to haunting different bathrooms.

 It was the beginning of February, a few days until the day all lovers publicly snogged, and their potion was finally ready.

Astrid hadn't been as excited as she was that day for a long time After all, it wasn't every day one could get to turn into any other person they desired to. Draco understood none of her excitement but even his annoying comments couldn't rid her of her childish glee.

Though after a few moments of this banter both stood with their arms crossed as they looked at the filled cauldron, trying to decide what exactly it was they should be doing now.

"I suppose," Astrid began, "we should first figure what times she isn't at the dorm."

"We should've done that earlier..."

Astrid sighed and nodded. "Yup..."

"Suppose we figure it out and then come back?"

Ast that the girl groaned. "Bloody hell! I was looking forward to this."

Draco simply rolled his eyes. "I told you there's nothing to get so excited about."

"Piss off!"

The two stood for a second longer.

Draco turned his head to the side to look at Ninomae. His eyes trailed downwards where he took in her trainers, her a little rolled up uniform skirt and her tucked out loose white shirt, the sleeves of which she had rolled up to her elbows. The shirt that was already untucked and very much so easily disposable. Draco didn't want to be in any way disrespectful but he simply couldn't help his thoughts. 

His eyes finally trailed up to her face where he watched her shake her bangs out of her eyes absentmindedly as she continued looking at the Polyjuice potion with a growing smirk.

"How many batches are there?" she questioned.

"Five at least, I think," he moved towards her cautiously. Draco hoped perhaps the fact they hadn't a mission that day could mean the meeting could turn into a snogging session. He wouldn't at all be opposed to that.

Astrid turned her head to look at the boy, not at all phased by how close he had come. 

Instead, she did something the boy had not expected. She quickly wrapped her arms around his neck pulling him down towards her, making their lips meet. Draco's hands trailed down to her waist where he held onto it tightly, a gesture that would leave a bruise if she ever let him hold onto her long enough. 

Though she pulled away just as suddenly as she had leaned in. 

Draco yelped as he felt a small sharp pain at the back of his neck and when the girl pulled away, taking a few steps away from him, he could see she held one of his hairs between her fingers.

"What are you doing?" came his utterly muddled question. The lack of her body against his was almost painful.

"I'm turning into you. Gotta test this potion before we go and seriously use it, no?" she smirked, pouring some of the potion in a glass. Astrid looked up at him again, her eyes glistening and knowing she would strike a chord with her words. "Merlin knows your potion skills are questionable."

Draco merely scoffed, though once he saw her actually throw his hair into the potion he realised she wasn't at all kidding around.

Astrid watched the potion transform. Somehow it smelled both very sweet and incredibly bitter at the same time, almost as if the potion couldn't decide what it was it was going for.