Year 5 - 98

As an only child living in a huge mostly empty mansion, Draco Malfoy had spent much of his days lost in his thoughts. Thinking about this and that... making conversations with himself... thinking in depth of things that didn't even matter all that much, simply to keep him occupied.

It was no wonder the boy had become a serious overthinker.

It was no wonder that the second he stepped back into his dorm, questioned by his roommates about where had he been, he was filled with an immense feeling of guilt and almost shame. He had kissed a half-blood and he had liked it. He, Draco Malfoy, part of the Sacred Twenty-Eight, had kissed a half-blood... He had kissed a Ninomae for Merlin's sake...

Worst of all, in his mind, he had already set himself up for doing it again.

Draco Malfoy had forever been taught to value his family over everything and he did. The only thing the Malfoys loved and held any respect for were one another. 

Though another thing Draco had forever been told growing up was that he was special and his opinions were what mattered most.

That was the basis for his inner conflict as the two opposing ideologies in this situation kept clashing against one another. From one side, he wanted to listen to his family and, in all honesty, if they knew what he was thinking they would very much so disown him. From the other side, his opinions were supposed to matter grandly. And even though said opinions were greatly controversial, the boy had forever bore the mindset that what he thought and did was always right.

All in all, Draco didn't know what to do.

Laying on his bed, thinking and barking at anyone who dared question him, Draco thought long and hard about what would be the better way to approach the situation he had found himself in. Thinking long and hard, eventually, he decided his judgement was clouded by hormones and that it was ridiculous he had ever even imagined seeing Ninomae as anything but a filthy half-blood. Surely that had been his initial opinion of her and growing up had simply clouded his brain.

That evening Draco climbed out of bed, leaving his room once more as he determinedly stomped his way to the girls' dorm. 

He had decided it was a mistake and that he would have to go and tell her to set things straight and so such misunderstandings would never happen again.

That was what he had wanted to do.

Though the moment he knocked on the door, signalling of his presence before instantly bursting into the room without waiting for any sort of approval for he could enter, his decision changed again. Or as Draco liked to tell himself, his mind got clouded by foolish emotions.

Opening the door he was met with a sight of Ninomae, Parkinson and Greengrass dancing. A hairbrush in her hand Pansy had been rapping the lyrics while Ninomae laughed at the way she jumped over some words for she couldn't pronounce them as quickly. They had just been about to go in a chorus. They had even shouted the first word of it when they realised somebody other but another of their roommates' had walked in.

In a matter of a second, the girls had straightened out, standing as if nothing had happened; Pansy had hidden the hairbrush behind her back and somewhere in the background Davis and Bulstriode had begun laughing at the sight of it while Rosier quietly chuckled, still reading her book.

Though Draco didn't notice any of that. His eyes were locked onto Ninomae and the way she was failing to keep herself from smiling both in amusement and embarrassment. Her cheeks flushed, biting down on the bottom of her lip and looking him up and down - it was enough to drive the boy insane.

Just say it. It was a mistake. Come on. Rip it off like a bandage. Just say it.

"I-uh," Draco only realised he had also begun smiling lightly when the small sound left his mouth. He felt his hands getting a little sweaty as he in his head repeated the words he had to say. "I'll come back later..."