🦃THANKSGIVING SPECIAL 2020🦃

Third POV

Last year.....

The familiar and mouth watering smell of food filled the are slowly as things were being boiled, fried, and taken out of the oven. Little children ran around the huge house, all drawing little turkeys.

Thanksgiving this year for the Pattinsons was at Kristen and Robert's house, since their house is the biggest. A lot of their family came out to celebrate it, which makes the holiday even more fun.

One thing that everyone was excited about, was Kristen's family's cooking. No doubt Kristen and her side of the family had a talent, they've even published a recipe book.

That's why Kristen was been in the kitchen all day, even some hours yesterday. She had a lot to do; ranging from marinating the turkey, to cutting the potatoes. Around fifty people were situated all around the house, all waiting patiently for the food to come.

"Mommy! I made a turkey hand!" Kristen heard her daughter call out, seeing her run cutely towards her.

Kristen smiled, wiping her hands off on her apron, reaching down to pick the giddy girl off the ground.

"That's so good baby! Who helped you cut it out?" The mother spoke, impressed with how smoothly the shape was cut out.

"Daddy! He's helping all the kids over there." Juniper pointed at a tiny table with a handful of kids sitting around it. They were all Juniper's cousins, to which she loves with all her heart.

Kristen smiled at how Rob was so calm and concentrated with interacting with the tiny kids. She couldn't help but imagine that it would be her own kids someday that Rob is playing so gently with. He had an amazing connection with Juniper, and he absolutely adores children. It's safe to say that she can't wait to have more.

"When's the food going to be done?" Juniper politely asked, her eyes wandering the messy kitchen.

"Almost baby, let's be patient ok? How about you go help grandma over there? I bet you can peel some corn." Kristen kissed Juniper's cheek setting her down onto the wooden ground.

Juniper nodded, running over to my mom. She greeted her with a hug, handing her an ear of corn to peel.

"Kristen, when do I take the turkey out?" A voice said, which belonged to Kristen's brother.

"In thirty minutes, Cameron." Kristen informed, watching as Cameron held up a thumbs up.

"ahhHhhhh!" Rob's voice screamed, startling everyone. Kristen turned around quickly when she smelled something burning.

"What the crap?" Kristen hurried over to the stove, which held a pot of very burnt potatoes.

She quickly turned off the stove, which was turned to the highest level. She grabbed a nearby oven mitt, trying to fan away the smoke to avoid it reaching the smoke detector and scaring the children.

Everyone near the kitchen coughed, inhaling the strong fumes of smoke and burnt potatoes.

"Oops....sorry babe." Rob awkwardly said, still trying to fan the smoke out of the air.

Kristen stared at him for a moment, eventually leaning in to give him a brief peck on the lips.

"It's ok. We have tons more. Just....don't turn up the heat so high next time, kay?" She reassured, cupping one of Robert's cheeks.

Robert smiled at his wife, kissing her soft lips one more time before heading to the pantry to grab more potatoes.

This time, Kristen stayed by his side as he peeled and cut all of the potatoes. She made sure that he set the heat to medium this time, not wanting to waste more food.

"Perfect!" She exclaimed, kissing Robert's cheek.

Robert gave her a big smile, pulling her close to him.

"Did I do well?" He whispered, connecting their foreheads.

Kristen wrapped her arms around his neck, "mhm." She mumbled, distracted by how close his face was to her's.

"You look really beautiful in that dress." Rob complimented, playing with the straps of Kristen's flower dress.

"You know if you took it off—"

"Ok! Enough Pattinson boy, we have food to serve." Kristen laughed, pushing Rob's face away from her, leaving a pouting Rob standing by a mountain of mashed potatoes.

"Time to eat!" Kristen shouted, which had heads turning her direction. People got up from where they were sitting, all gathering around the very long dining table.

People started setting up plates and silverware, getting out the sparking water and juice for the kids. The autumn sun slightly shined through the semi-closed curtains, lighting up the giant room with an orange hue.

People sat down, all hungry and anxious to get their hands on some of the delectable food in front of them.

Then, Kristen brought out the king of all of the food; the turkey. They prepared two this year, since they knew that one isn't enough. Others placed down green bean casseroles, veggies, and much more.

Rob helped pour everyone drinks, handing out some napkins as well. Once everyone was settled down and quiet, Kristen started the thankful chain.

"I am thankful for my family, and the fact that we could meet up here today and spend this holiday together." Kristen announced, smiling at everyone, but especially at Rob and Juniper, who were sitting right next to her.

"I'm thankful for my beautiful wife and my amazing daughter. Oh, and y'all too." Rob laughed, earning a few chuckles from around the table.

"I'm thankful for food, and mommy and daddy......and my stuffy!" Juniper cheered, showing everyone her little bear.

"I'm thankful for sleep"

"I'm thankful for my dog"

"I'm thankful for my life"

"I'm thankful for my friends"

🤎 I'm thankful for all of you 🤎

Happy Thanksgiving to those who celebrate it! I hope you're still being safe and eat some good food! I love you all 🤎🦃