Chapter 15: Dreams Are Only Dreams

Flashback to the past: 2010

Kristen's POV

"It's a fever Kris" Rob said as he took the thermometer away from my mouth.

I sighed and laid back into the fluffy bed that we share.

He put the thermometer down on the bedside table, then sat on the other side of the bed.

He put his cold hand onto my warm forehead. It felt nice.

As he slowly started to stroke my head back and forth, I started to doze off.

As I ran down a long hallway filled with darkness, I halted at the sight of a little girl and a tall disfigured man. The two of them turned around and walked away, into the darkness at the other end of the hallway. I looked down, and I saw nothing....only darkness....

I gasped awake. I frantically looked around and around searching for the one person that I need.

"Hey hey hey, I'm right here." Rob was sitting next to me. He reached out to me and started to stroke my face, which was drenched in sweat.

"You've been so jumpy lately love." His brows wrinkled with concern.

For some reason, I started crying.

Why did that dream give me a sense of familiarity? 

Rob didn't hesitate before he took me into his arms.

He didn't say anything; he didn't have to. All he needed to do was comfort me; he comforts me without words. That's his superpower.

I fell asleep in his arms.

The only place I want to be.