Chapter 31: Is This Wrong?

Robert's POV

After thirty minutes of me looking around the kitchen for something to cook, I finally started on making some grilled chicken.

After that was done I washed some bell peppers and some broccoli and cut them up into pieces that Juniper could eat.

Finally after all of that was done I walked over to the movie room, heading to Juniper to wake her up.

"Juniper, you gotta wake up."  I softly said while brushing pieces of bronze hair out of her face.

She opened one eye and stared at me. She got up a little and rubbed her eyes cutely with her tiny fists.

Then I realized what I needed to do to wake her up. I bent down and picked the tiny girl up and set her on my hip. She wrapped her hands around my neck and rested her head in the crook of my neck. I would do this every time she would wake up from her nap, soon enough she would fully wake up.

I walked over to the kitchen with her still in my arms and sat down on one of the stools. Juniper finally lifted her head up and looked around tiredly.

I moved her so that she was sitting in my lap, in front of her food.

"Juni you gotta eat. I bet you're hungry."  I said to the sleepy girl.

She yawned and nodded. I laughed quietly and reached for her fork. I put a piece of chicken on it and handed it to her. She took it absentmindedly and ate it.

"Yummy."  I heard her say, barely making out the word since her mouth was full of food.

I laughed, "Slow down you don't want to choke."  She nodded and swallowed, then reaching over for her sippy cup.

"When's momma coming home?"  She asked out of the blue.

I sighed, "I don't know Juni, they should have been back an hour ago."

I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket. I took it out and looked at the bright screen.

Kristen

Hey Bob I'm sorry to do this, but could you stay with Juniper for the night? Me and Tina have a flat tire and it's taking forever for the people we called to come and help us.

"Juniper your mom has a flat tire, she might come home really late so I have to stay with you tonight. Is that ok?"  I said her gently.

She nodded, but I could sense the sadness in her eyes. I sighed, looking around the empty house. Where are the dogs?

"Where—"  I stopped myself before I asked the question, realizing that it would be a strange question.

"Do you have any pets?"  I said changing the question quickly.

Her face immediately lit up when I said pets. "Yeah, I have two. They are named Bernie and Bear, and they are doggies! They are staying with my grandma right now though."  That makes sense since Kristen's parents really love our dogs and we often let them stay with them when we are busy.

"Do you have any?"  Juniper asked. I smiled and shook my head.

I checked the time on my phone, 8:45 PM.