Chapter 23: New Plan?

Robert's POV

It's a few weeks after the funeral.  I went back to Alaska with Steve while Nick stayed in LA, probably at Kristen's place. I've known that he's always wanted Kristen all along, and would have done anything to get rid of me.

It's back to my normal and depressing routine. The plants in my garden are thriving, because the only thing I can do at my house is water them. I always watch the news when I can, and every time I do my face is at least on one news channel. My bronze hair is staring to grow at the roots of my blonde hair, and my beard is growing back. I decide not to shave it because you wouldn't even be able to recognize me anyways.

I sit down on the old couch in my "living room" and pull out my wallet from my pocket. I specifically grab a photo of me, Juniper, and Kristen. I sigh and I remember when we took it.

"Rob this is stupid, the playground is for kids" Kristen said as she laughed at me.

I was currently at the top of the slide with Juniper in my arms. Kristen was next to us and I wanted to take a family picture. She thought it was dumb because we are blocking the way for kids that actually want to play on here.

"Just say cheese" I said while holding up my phone.

"Cheese!" Juniper squealed out. Me and Kristen both started laughing as the picture was taken.

End of flashback

I start crying for probably the 100th time. I wonder if Kristen moved on. I wonder if Nick has finally won over her heart. I wonder if Juniper forgot about me and calls Nick her dad instead.

I then heard a knock on the door. I tell them to come in and turns out it is Steve. He sighs and apologizes for coming at a wrong time. I shook my head and told him to sit down.

"Look I'm getting you out of here."  He said without even saying hello.

"What? Like back to LA? Back to my family?"  I said suspiciously.

"Yeah. Look I know how this feels. Nick blackmailed me and forced me to break up with my girlfriend so he could be with her instead. He's sick and manipulative. If we let this go on any longer then he will do something that will threaten both Kristen and your daughter's life."

I look up at him and I felt bad for treating him like he was garbage. He really is trying to help me.

"But how?"  I said a little too desperately.

"Look Nick trusts me a lot, mostly because I know all his secrets. I'll take you to LA and help you find a place to stay. I will tell him that you are still in Alaska and knowing him he'll believe me. I'll contact the police secretly and slowly. As soon as they know I need you to start going out into the public, get every news sight to make an article about you. Maybe you could even get your family's attention. We will get him caught."

After he is done speaking, I stay quiet for a little bit. Really? I don't think this will work, but honestly I guess it is worth a try.

"Ok. When are we leaving?"