Chapter 45: Smile

Robert's POV

"I like you too."

I watched as Tina's eyes widened as realization struck her. I could feel her body physically tense as a slow and delicate blush coated her cheeks.

"You-u what?" Her voice came out quiet and vulnerable.

I sat up, taking her hands in mine. I caressed them gently, holding onto them like my life depends on it.

"I like you. Like you like me." I gently smiled, trying to snap some sense into her dazed out state.

Tina met my eyes, searching for god knows what within them. She looked so stunned, like her parents just informed her that she's adopted.

"That's.....nice." She exhaled a shaky breath.

"We're you not expecting that answer?" I chuckled, feeling a bit relieved.

She slowly shook her head, squeezing my hand back.

"I really was just expecting you to be creeped out or something, but at this point, my feelings for you are kind of obvious." She admitted, giving me friendly smile.

I smiled back with a genuine grin, "I'm not creeped out. You'd never be able to creep me out."

"Well, ok then." She rolled her eyes, her hair splayed out on the couch.

A comfortable silence laid upon us. Something about it was reassuring, knowing that both of us were consumed in our own thoughts about this situation.

"So...." I spoke up, "what should we do about it?"

Tina scooted closer to me, "what do you think we should do about it?"

I shrugged, "I dunno."

"Well, I dunno either."

"You know what I think y'all should do?" Another voice joined, causing me and Tina to clutch onto each other out of fear.

"Steve! Don't do that!" Tina shouted, her hands clutching onto the fabric of my shirt.

"Y'all are really loud, please go to bed for me and Juniper's sake!" Steve groaned, waking back to his room half asleep.

Me and Tina turned back at each other, silently laughing at what just happened. We snuggled up on the couch, bodies emitting warmth off onto one another.

I held her close to my chest, feeling safe and secure when she's around. She feels different than Kristen, but my brain and my body didn't seem to mind it that much.

A slight blinding light shone through the half opened curtains in the living room. The slight sound of birds chirping was a sign that daylight has come once again, causing me to stir awake as I came back to reality.

I felt a slight pressure on my chest, looking down to find Tina snuggled upon it. A small smile crept onto my face, a feeling of butterflies springing free within my stomach.

My hands reached up to her face, using my fingers to sweep back a stray hair that was covering her eyes. The slight grin on her face told me that she wasn't asleep anymore, causing me to let out a laugh.

"Morning." I whispered, earning a shy smile from Tina.

"Morning." She replied, sitting up a bit.

"How'd you sleep?" I asked, sitting up as well.

"Nice. You're really warm." She winked, causing me to push her jokingly.