Chapter 30: Sense of Familiarity

Robert's POV

"This is hard how do you do this?!"  I shouted playfully as I knocked over my very badly built lego tower.

I heard a bunch of giggles, I looked up to find the source of the beautiful sound to find a very well built tower.

My jaw actually dropped. A four year old can build better than me, wow.

"Juni that's so good!"  I said, feeling genuinely proud of her.

"Juni?"  She laughed, "that's not my name!"

"Could I call you that?"  I asked her jokingly.

She thought about it for a second, "Why not?"  I smiled and nodded. I looked down at the sad excuse of a tower I built. These things are hard to work with, stepping on them also hurts a ton.

"Bob I'm hungry, can we eat something?"  I heard from across the room. We just finished legos and were cleaning up the pieces from the floor.

"You didn't have lunch?"

"I did, but I'm still hungry."  I mean, that's relatable.

I nodded and walked over to her, helping her put away the last box. "Of course."

Everything in the kitchen is still the same. The pictures on the walls are still there, the baby photos of Juniper and some photos of me and Kristen were still decorating the walls.

 The pictures on the walls are still there, the baby photos of Juniper and some photos of me and Kristen were still decorating the walls

All of the furniture was the same as well. Juniper sat on one of the stools, watching me patiently as I started to rummage through the refrigerator.

"What are you interested in eating today, Juniper?"  I asked the little girl behind me.

"Mac and cheese?"  She said as I turned around, she gave me the best puppy eyes she could muster.

My heart melted once again, how can she be so cute?

"I can't say no to those eyes. Where do you keep the cups?"  I asked even though I already knew.

She got up and went over to a cabinet and got out two cups, I guess the other one is for me. I smiled at the fact that she would do that without me asking.

I hope Kristen bought mac and cheese, the question is where would she put it? I'm assuming it would be in the pantry next to the pasta. I walked over to the destination I was thinking of and scanned all of the shelves.

My eyes finally landed on a box that said what I was looking for. I grabbed it and set it on the counter, then walking over to the fridge to look for some vegetables.

I remember how much Juniper loves carrots, so I'm hoping she still does. I grab some baby carrots out of the fridge and shut the door gently. I walked over to the sink and started to wash the carrots and filled a pot with some water for the mac and cheese.