Chapter 22

It wasn't uncommon to be angry. It was not uncommon to see someone with rage. But it was uncommon to see the ball of sunshine turn into the most angriest person on earth. Saiki understood why Gon was angry, the younger one just saw a friend he considered the best of the best, walk away without saying goodbye. He just saw a friend being manipulated by his own relative, his own brother. Saiki understands that perfectly. And he can't stop the stomping teen from marching his way towards the area where all of the passing applicants are in.

'An angry ball of sunshine' thought Saiki as he glance at Gon then back at the path they were following.

Barging through the two dark reddish brown doors, Gon stood from the door area and stared down at a specific person who was sitting down in the first row. With a frown of his own, Gon made his way down the steps of the area and stopped next to the said individual. Saiki didn't stop the angry green headed child, instead, he took a seat right next to Kurapika. 

"Saiki-san, is Gon..?" A shrug. All eyes were trailed on Gon as he stared at the man sitting straight, not making any eye contact with the him.  

"Apologize to Killua!"

"Apologize for what?"

"You don't know what you did wrong?"

"Nope"

"You don't have the right to be his brother"

"Must I have the right to be his brother?" With a furious amount of strength, Gon grabbed Illumi's arm and gradually pulled him of the seat he was on. Applicants in the room were in shock of the amount of force used, even Saiki. 

"He doesn't need to earn the right to be my friend!" a tight squeeze to the hands, a slight surprised and a prevention.

'This boy is...' a slight ease.

"Don't bother apologizing. Just take me to see Killua"

"What would you do then?"

"That should be obvious. I'm going to rescue Killua!" determination at it's finest.

"You make it sound as though I kidnapped him. He walked away on his own" a slight flashback.

"But it wasn't by choice. He was being manipulated by you people. It's the same thing as kidnapping!" a moment of silence.

"We happen to to be discussing this very subject, Gon" said Netero as he took a step forward from the platform.

"Kurapika and Leorio have both lodged complaints. The committee have been discussing the fairness of Killua's disqualification" continued Netero and as if in cue, Kurapika stood up.

"Killua had been behaving in a strange manner during and since his battle with the man who he called himself Gittarackur! I believe that he was hypnotized into committing murder. Under normal circumstances, it would be impossible to use hypnosis to induce a person to kill. However, as Killua was raised by a family of assassins, murder was part of his daily life, so it's natural that he lacked ethical restraint of most!" spoke Kurapika, getting his thoughts heard.

"I want to mention that the attack happened during the match between Bodoro and me. It's possible that he was trying to help me. Given that, the one who should be disqualified, is me" pointed Leorio to himself.

"In any case, Killua was not in control of his own actions. Thus, he should not have been disqualified!" stated Kurapika.

"That is mere speculation. There is no proof" said Netero as he turned to stand on the platform once again.

"There were no clear signs of manipulation. In fact, I would question the claim that he was hypnotized. I agree that the incident occurred after the battle between Leorio and Bodoro had begun. At that point, both fighters were evenly matched. Bodoro had more experience. But in terms of raw combat ability, Leorio was the stronger. There were no need for for Killua to interfere" a clicked of a tongue, an annoyance, irritated.