Chapter 13

It was getting a bit late in Saiki's opinion. He and the self proclaimed joker were had arrived early, Hisoka being the first while he was the second. Gon and the others were late, other applicants had already arrived, well, some of them have. All in all, Saiki was expecting them to have arrived before anyone else. Releasing a low growl, Saiki was about to walk away, but a chuckle near him made him jolt in place.

"Careful there kitten, that growl of yours can make anyone fall for you" smirked Hisoka as he placed a card to his lips.

Rolling his eyes at the weird statement towards himself. Clicking his tongue due to annoyance, the teen began to calculate the time. He spent 3 hours on a long walk, 6 hours of watching the pale clown fight prisoners, 1 hour of walking again, 8 hours of resting, 2 hours for another set of walking, and 1 hour of sliding. All together, he had 51 hours to spare for waiting. But time is ticking away and that 51 hours had turned into 2, soon to bee 1. Rubbing his temples in a bit of distress, Saiki let out a huge breath in the end. Deciding to just relax his mind, the pink teen leaned his back towards the wall and sight at the slight coldness it brought to his back.

Eh? I don't remember walls having hands.

"My, oh my, I didn't think that you will fall for me so quickly~"

Jolting away from from the 'wall' he was previously leaning on, Saiki, with wide eyes, turned his whole body to face only with a chest. Pushing away from the wandering hands on him, Saiki turned away, and began to walk far away from the culprit. Once he deemed himself 'safe', the teen placed his hand towards his heart and relieved a shaky sigh. He felt a bit off during his stay in the odd universe he was in. Glancing down the watch he still had on his wrist, Saiki glared at the time given. 5 more minutes were left and his idiotic team is not yet here. Feeling a stress building up, Saiki decided to just wave of the time, even if he did felt a bit stress at the current situation, he knows that Gon and his friends would arrive on time, just a bit late.

True to the physics words, when time was almost up by 2 minutes, the wall next to him began to break apart. Jumping away quickly, the teen shielded his face from the flying dust and chunks of the wall. Once the dust cleared a bit, the teen would say that he was happy, but when was he the kind of person to ever speak verbally with his mouth.

"Ah, Saiki-nii!! Your here!!" exclaimed Gon, running towards the teen and jumping on him to give the taller one a hug. Patting the other's wild green hair, Saiki let a small smile go through his usual deadpanned face.

"Saiki-nii, when you told to find a hatch and we fell in, we ended up being together, too bad you weren't with us" pouted Gon.

Shaking his head at the green headed child's words, Saiki once again, patted the pouted child's head for comfort. Once the teen was done with his pouting phase, a machine noise was heard throughout the area. Finding the source of the noise, everyone's attention was at a garage like door as light began to flood the once slight dark room. When the door was fully opened, a familiar mow hawk examiner was standing there next to a small green creature.

"Good to see that some of you survived this round, now if your please, follow me out so that I may lead you to your next phase" said Lippo as he walked away with the small creature that the teen remembered as Bean.

When everyone was out in the sun, some of them can't help but to stretch their limbs. Saiki may have been one of them, he hates to admit it, but he missed the sun when he was in that dark tower, especially when he was with that clown. Shiver

"Now, I have mentioned that I am the third examiner, but I have forgotten to tell you that I am also the final, your next phase will be over at Zevil Island, there, you will be doing a nice game of manhunting" stated Lippo as he pushed his glasses up and steady. 

"You all will draw lots, the one you draw will be the one you will be hunting at the island. There are 26 of you so it should be even when you draw. Let's start from first place going down" informed Lippo as a wheeled box was rolled in front of him.

One by one, each participants that were there, had picked a random card with a seal over it. When it was deemed that everyone had a card, Lippo then instructed them to remove the seal to reveal the number they needed to hunt at the island. Slowly, Saiki and the people he considered a team/friends, peeled the white seal off. #384. Going through his memories a bit, Saiki remembered #384 to be a tall guy with sunglasses and  a weird looking staff that looked like a honey drizzle thingy he never used before. Sighing to himself, the teen waved his hand over his own badge, but pretended to brush something off his shirt to not gain an unwanted attention. 

"Eh? Nii-san, you too have to hide your badge?" questioned Gon, as he placed his badge in his backpack.

'Of course I have too, I am a potential target as well Gon' said Saiki, letting out a small huff.

Rubbing the back of his head sheepishly, Gon let out a small laugh before turning to talk to the silver headed child that was beside him. Smiling softly at the duo next to him, Saiki turned his attention back to the card in his hand, he needs to come up with a plan, a quick one.

"The box had recorded which card was drawn by who. Obviously, the main objective would be getting that ID from your target. You may use any method to get the badge, that may include killing them. Your targets badge is worth 3 points, as well as your very own, other badges besides your main one is just worth 1. You all will need 6 points by one week" explained Lippo with a smirk on his face.

Now Saiki had said this to himself in the tower, he had no problem with killing if it was for survival, he just never done it before. Shaking his thoughts away, Saiki paid attention once more. Lippo had gestured the bunch to follow him to a small dock on the Trick Towers island. There, a boat was waiting for them.

"Hello everyone, I am Khara, I congratulate you all for making it this far" clapped Khara, only to receive silence.

Laughing nervously at the bunch, the lady made them climb aboard and off they go. Letting out a smile, Khara explained that the ride to the destination would be 2 hours long. She had also told them that they are all qualified to take the exam next year with a wink to lighten up the seriousness, but with no vail. Silently laughing at the lady's attempt of cheering, Saiki gazed at the open water to relaxed a bit.