Chapter 7

Everyone that was taking the exam right now, must be regretting it deeply for sure. Saiki had been running close to Gon and Killua and making sure they stay close to his vision, in the same time he was reading the minds of every one. Many were cursing their selves now and making small prayers along the way. The crowd were still together, but that soon changed when the fog had thicken a bit.

"Ne, Gon, Saiki-san, let's head more up front"

"Okay, we don't want to lose sight of the examiner"

"I'm more concern with putting distance between us and Hisoka, staying close to him is dangerous, I can smell it in the air" stated Killua as he glanced at the said clown who kept the same smirk on his pale face.

" Leorio! Kurapika! Killua says we should move up!" shouted Gon as he looked back towards the said two.

Saiki chuckled at the deadpanned face Killua made when Gon had shouted his little idea to the two behind them. Shaking his head, Saiki made sure no other applicants follows them throughout the run. Kurapika had shouted back that they would be okay and they should not worry, so Saiki made a plan to just stay focus on the kids..... he lost them. Letting out a tick noise from his tongue, the pink teen stopped running. His surrounding were just fog and trees that can be seen. Saiki turned around, hoping to see Leorio and Kurapika, but they too were gone from his senses. A frown made its way unto the once stoic teen when he realized he needed to use his powers again. However, before the teen could even use one, a roar and hissing sound was heard closed by. The noise got louder, more likely, behind him. Turning around quickly, Saiki was met face to face with a creature that looked like a leopard but its skin and neck were nothing but of a serpent.

'You got to be kidding me'

While Saiki was dealing with his own adventures, other applicants had already fallen from other beings in the wetlands or traps that were set out just for them. With Kurapika and Leorio, that had seen the applicants they were with get snatch in the air, fall to the ground and have mushrooms growing from their body. Both of them had managed to escape all of those but they happen to stumble in a fight they weren't meant to see or be in. With Killua and Gon however, they had been swallowed up by a giant frog like creature but was then spitted out.

"Guess we weren't tasty enough?" questioned Gon as he watched the giant frog hop away from them. 

"No, I think it was this" said Killua as he held up a orange can of soda.

"Ah, the drink that Tonpa-san tried to make us drink saved us!?" shouted Gon, he guessed that was why his older cousin didn't make him, Leorio and Kurapika drink it in the earlier event.

"Who knew that this can come in handy, although I could have got out by myself" mumbled Killua as he threw the drink into the foggy misty wetland and got up.

"I'm worried" said Gon as he stared behind him.

Killua have Gon a confused look as he too, stared behind Gon only to see nothing but thick fog and the sound of crickets.

"Worried about what Gon?" asked Killua.

"Kurapika-san and Leorio-san" answered Gon as he looked back the silver haired friend of his.

"I'm sure they will catch up to us soon, but aren't you also worried about Saiki-san?" 

"No, Nii-san can handle anything that comes his way, he's very strong!" cheered Gon as he praised his older brother to the chuckling Killua.

"Okay, let's continue, were almost there" said Killua as he pulled Gon with him into the dark and foggy land.

_Meanwhile, with Saiki_

It wasn't really a tough battle for the pink headed teen to use all of his strength. All he had to do to defeat the leopard, serpent, like creature was to simply throw it of somewhere far from him. He doesn't care if someone else takes the burden of trying to defeat the creature he was with, he simply just want the marathon to end. Thinking that there won't be any problems anymore, Saiki used clairvoyance to find a certain child. Gotcha you little brat. With a victory smirk, Saiki used teleportation and in a blink of an eye he was next to Gon, or so he thought. 

"My, my, who knew you could such a stunt here~" came a sooth but taunting voice next to him.

Eyes widening a bit, Saiki turned his head a bit and was met faced to face with the clown, Hisoka. Said person was leaning against a tree, playing with a card that now stayed between his index and middle finger with his usual smirk on his pale face. Relaxing his body, Saiki turned away from the amused clown and turned to where he was supposed to be, next to Gon and Killua. Without saying a word, Saiki made his way towards his group and was met with the sight of a damage face Leorio.

"Ah, Nii-san!" Said Gon happily as he hugged the awkward teen who patted his head in return.

'What happen to him?' asked Saiki.

"It's best not to ask Nii-san" sweat dropped Gon as he let go of the hug to rub the back of his neck. 

Deciding not to even try to ask the blonde near them, Saiki faced towards to the huge gates that he didn't even bother to notice before. Standing in the middle of the said golden doors, Satotz was there looking at his watch. When time was up, the lanky examiner cleared his throat gaining the attention of those who were there.

"This is as far as I can take you, the next phase is just beyond these doors, I wish you luck" And with that, Satotz "walked" into the mist.