Chapter 9

After the second round of phase two and the calming of the excitement, every applicant that passed it were in the blimp. Inside, the chairman introduced himself as Netero and his secretary was the same green creature who gave them their badges, Beans. When clearing that up, Netero then explained when he was supposed to show himself. Saiki all in all did not care of the explanation, he just wanted some rest. Once the discussion was done, some hurriedly made their way towards the dining hall, and honestly Saiki was tempted to go but sleep was calling his name instead. 

Finding the resting spots for applicants wasn't hard for the pink head teen, but finding an empty was a challenge. Every room door he opens, there were always a group of people and Saiki really doesn't want to meet anymore new ones. he had seen Kurapika and Leorio in one of the said groups, but Saiki didn't like to sleep with so much people in one cramp area. It was already the last door room like area that Saiki arrived at and he hoped that there was no crowd inside. You got to be kidding me. Yes, Saiki had hoped there won't be any crowds inside when he had opened the door but he had also secretly wished he won't bump into someone he doesn't like. There sitting in their glory was Hisoka the clown and a guy who had a blank face on. 

"Ah, well isn't it the little trickster, Illumi, this is the boy I was talking about~"

The guy, Illumi, stared at Saiki who was completely uncomfortable by it. Saiki really wanted to get away from the small tension that had been built up, but he was dead tired. With a small sigh from his mouth, the pink teen just made his way towards a bed and just flopped on it. No questions were asked and no words were spoken, that made it really easy for Saiki to sleep. While the pink headed teen fell into dream world, two little children that was left unattended began some mischief in the blimp kitchen area. 

"I like the rookies this year" stated Satotz as he looked at Menchi and Buhara.

"Ah, so you agree! I think #294 has a shot" said Menchi

"I think #99" claimed Satotz

"He looked like a spoiled brat, what about you Buhara?" asked Menchi towards her partner in crime.

"Well, #44, even if he isn't a rookie, you guys must have noticed, but when #255 was throwing a fit it was #44 who was really on the verge of killing someone" stated Buhara as he put on a thinking face then facing down towards Satotz and Menchi.

Letting out a scoff, Menchi nodded her head at the statement.

"Of course I noticed, he could barely restrained himself from tearing off or heads" said Menchi as she crossed her arms and leaned back on to her seat.

While they had been discussing about Hisoka in private, Satotz came to a realization. He had forgotten to mention a certain applicant that had caught his eye since the beginning besides the clown guy. 

"I almost completely forgot about him" proclaimed Satotz as he caught he attention of the bickering examiners.

"I also had my eyes on #406, he did a very interesting trick during the Milsy Wetlands, he appeared out of no where when time was almost up" 

"Ah, he was the guy who managed to put up a decent food and had also poisoned me in the process" said Menchi as she clapped her hands together, Buhara agreeing with her.

"We must watch out for him" Said Satotz as he continued his meal as well as the other two.

_With Gon and Killua_

"Stay out from the kitchen! Eat at the dining hall!" screamed a cook as he chased the two mischief children out the kitchen area.

With a laughter of their own, the two children ran with food stuffed in their cheeks. When the laughing moment was now calm, Killua's eyes lit up and dragged a confused Gon towards a window in the blimp. Under the blimp was a city in the night. Lights that looked like firefly's were a sight for sore eyes to them.

"They look like jewelry" smiled Gon as he pressed his hands against the window.

"Yeah" agreed Killua as he too, stared out the window.

"I was meaning to ask, where are your parents?" 

"Oh, they're alive, probably" said Killua as, but mumbling the last part.

"What do they do?"

"They're assassins"

"Huh? Both of them?"

"That's your first reaction? You really are a riot!"

"Huh?"

"Your the first person who's ever responded seriously"

"Well, your telling the truth, right?" asked Gon as he tilted his head a bit to the side.

"What makes you think that?" Killua questioned back

Gon shrugged his shoulder and mumbled about a hunch of his. Killua stared at him for a moment before talking about his family again.

"People only like me because they can't ever tell whether I'm serious. I'm from a family of assassins, so they're all assassins. And my family has high hopes for me...but I can't stand it" Said Killua, his eyes shadowing behind his hair.

"Who wants to have their life planned out for them? When I told them I wanted to decide my own future, they all snapped! My mother had tears going down her face as she told me I have the potential to be a top assassin. Horrible parents right? We ended up fighting so I stabbed mu mother in the face an ran away from home" explained Killua as he shoved his hands into his pockets.

"And if I become a hunter, I'll start by capturing my family, I'm sure they are worth something" said Killua with a dreamy look on his face.

All Gon had done was listen to his friends past and present. The child had also sweat dropped a bit at his friends last words. Before Killua could ask Gon something or tell him anything else, he felt a shiver down his spine as he sensed a presence. Turning around quickly, all the silver headed teen was met by no one.

"Is something wrong?" asked an elderly voice from the other side of the two kids.

"Ah, Netero-san" said Gon with a smile.

"Did yo see anyone coming from that side?" asked Killua as he pointed to the direction he was looking at.

Shaking his head, Netero responded with a no. Killua narrowed his eyes at the older man before him and Gon as the man talked with his friend. He was sure it the very same man that held that very same presence.