Chapter 40

Episode:39

нυηтєя χ нυηтєя

Nen abilities fall into the following six distinct categories: Enhancers. Enhancers are able to strengthen and reinforce an object's natural ability. Transmuters.  Transmuters can change the quality of aura. Conjurers.  Similar to Transmuters, Conjurers can materialize an object out of aura. Emitters. Emitters can propel or shoot out their aura. Manipulator. Manipulators can use their aura to control objects or living things. Specialists. Specialists are those with rare abilities that don't fit within the other five categories.

One must begin by determining which category their aura falls under. This is the first step to becoming a skilled Nen user.

нυηтєя χ нυηтєя

"Aunt Mito! I'm going to find Ging! After I've met Ging, I'll return to the island" waved Gon as he, Saiki, and Killua slowly leaved the small dock to start a new adventure.

"Take care of yourself!" 

ωιѕн χ αη∂ χ ρяσмιѕє

As Gon, Saiki, and Killua depart from Whale Island, Kurapika was also preparing to begin hos journey. 

"So you remembered me..."

"Well yeah, we don't get many visitors here. There's only been one other person since you were here last. This place is harder to find than you think" As the lady spoke, Kurapika had a slight remembrance, of the first time he had come to the same building with it's run down look.

"You found this agency on your own, so you must be sharp. But I can't introduce you to our valued clients. It's not your lack of experience. Some clients don't mind that. But it isn't experience alone that you lack"

"What do you mean? I said that I have a Hunter License!"

"But your exam hasn't ended yet" stated the lady, making Kurapika gasp softly in response.

"I can just tell by looking at you"

"What?"

"Can you see anything? Come back when you can"

Next, he remembered meeting the man you taught him about Nen. Of him being taught that he was a conjurer. Him wanting chains as his choice of weaponry. With the ending of his memory, Kurapika walked out of the building with new confidence.

'On September 1st. Yorknew City will host the world's greatest auction. That's where the spider... where the Phantom Troupe will appear' his fist clenched, rings of chains clinked as he do so.

'What a fearsome heartbeat... it plays a terrible melody of rage'

_Change Scene: Grand Mansion_

The fog was light, the sound of birds can be heard around the silent building. A person on the phone, surrounded by dogs. Another person walks pass towards the doors of the building. Now the fog is lifted, Kurapika had arrived at the front gate. Lifting his chained hand, he rung the door bell on the gate.

"I was sent here by the employment agency. My name is Kurapika" stated the blonde, going straight to the point of his arrival. The gate opens for him.

As he walks in, growls from the dogs were heard, but he pays them no mind and continue towards the giant wooden door. Upon his arrival, he was welcome by an elderly man, most likely the main butler of the mansion.

"Welcome" with the short welcoming. Kurapika was lead into an elevator, down the halls, to a singular white door. 

"Please wait here" when he enters, he was greeted by five occupants in the room. All eyes were on him, again, he pays no mind to it as he goes to sit on an empty seat.

"I apologize for the wait. Everyone had arrived, so we will now explain the contract" stated the butler as he revealed a remote and the 'picture' on the wall turned on, showing a man.

"I'll start by stating the requirements" straight to the point, waste no time.

"I won't ask whether you have a License or not. I'm only interested in whether you can obtain the items we want. There's one month before the auction begins. Before then, you must find one item from the list we will provide, and bring it here" in cue, data cards were handed to every single one of them by the butler.

As Kurapika look through the items, uninterested my I add, but that expression change when a specific item showed up. The Eyeballs of a Kurta. Noticing his strange action, eyes were on him again.

"What's wrong? You look pale" started a bulky man, looking at what the silent blonde was staring strongly at.

"Ah, Kurta eyeballs? 'Difficulty Level: A, Preserve the scarlet hue immediately following death. Preferably with the head included'. I've heard rumors that when the Kurta get excited, their eyes turn scarlet..."

"Shut up. Not another word"

"I'll say it again. You need only find one item from the list. If you are successful, you will be hired, to begin training as a bodyguard and a collector. Best of luck, then" and with that, the screen turned back to a painting.

'I will pass the this test. The man talking was, most likely, not the actual client. That only illustrates the distance between the boss and me... I shall reduce that distance to zero, until they let their guard down and share their secrets... There are two things that collectors always want. The first is any item of extreme rarity. The second his colleagues to whom they can brag about their collection' 

As his thoughts go more farther, his hand automatically clenched onto the data card. Before any of the occupants could get out of the room they were in, the same man on the screen reappeared.

"I forgot to mention one thing. The minimum requirement is that you be tough... Strong enough to get out of this mansion alive" and in cue, the door was blasted into pieces, making a few of the hunters fly back from the sudden attack. Unknown figures dressed in black, armed with swords, barged in, making them go into a fight mode.

---------------------------------------------------------

Kurapika pursues his quest to avenge his brethren and punish the Phantom Troupe...Right now, he prepares to step onto a new battlefield.

-----------------------------------

It feels good to be back into writing. Who knew a teenage life could be so busy. Any who, this page is 990 words long, super short. I could have leave out Kurapika's scene but that would throw me off from trying to guess why is he doing this and why is he doing that in future chapters. You will all get a Saiki, Gon, and Killua scene soon.

Be safe out there guys!