Chapter 1

What happened?

Saiki Kusuo had woken up in the middle a forest ground. Sunlight blinded him a bit as he sat up to look around. Scratch that, he wasn't on a forest ground, he was on a huge tree branch. Many questions filled the pink headed teenager as he saw a village not to far. Weird, maybe my powers had a malfunction again(?)

Saiki wasn't sure at this point. Before the teen could bother his quizzing mind once more, a giant splash and a cheer was heard behind him. Fully standing on the branch, Saiki made his way to the other side of the giant tree. What the teen see was beyond his expectation. Instead of hoping to see an adult, he sees a spikey, green headed child, with a fishing pole, wrestling a giant fish looking mutant, out of the water.

"Yay! I finally caught it!!" cheered the child.

Why is there a child in the middle of the forest?
As if sensing his confusion, the said child had caught turned towards him. If Saiki wasn't surprised enough, which is rare, the young being had said something that truly shocked him.

"Nii-san!! I caught the lord of the lakes!!" .....What?!

Before Saiki could generate what the spikey child said, a huge pain came through his head. As if he was having a terrible reminder, Saiki leaned against the giant tree bark and held onto his throbbing head. Memories, that he was sure was not his own but it was, flooded into his mind. Flashbacks kept leaving behind the aches in the back of his head as he tried to sooth it. As the painful experience surpassed, Saiki let out a deep breath of relief.

"Nii-san, are you okay?!" shouted the now concern child as he wavered his eyes from his catch to the teen behind before him.

Not knowing what to say, Saiki just shake away the pain and approached the cheery child. Once he stood in front, he lifted a hand and brought it on top of the child. Soft to the touch was Saiki's note. Smiling down at the child, Saiki was sure that he got the messaged sent to him since he brightly smiled once more.

"Let's bring it back to Aunt Mito, Nii-san" said the child as he grabbed hold of the giant fish by himself.

Saiki didn't say a thing as he followed the happy kid back towards the village he saw in the distance. Do you need help?  Saiki asked telepathic to the green headed kid before him. A hum was heard, but Saiki wasn't sure what to do. He could have used his mind reading, but for some reason, he didn't.

"No thanks, I want to prove to Auntie that I did it all by myself this time" claimed the child as he marched ahead.

Heaving out a sigh, Saiki shrugged his shoulders as he continued the quiet walk back to the small town. To no one's surprise,  the walk didn't even last a minute since the walk turned into a full work out session. The towns people around them ,as they ran, were gossiping about them, but the two didn't care. More like Saiki had never cared at all.

Reaching the desired destination of the green child, Saiki followed the eyes towards a young looking adult. According to the memories, this must be..., before Saiki could finish his thoughts, the child decided to speak up.

"See! I caught him!" shouted the child as he proudly dropped the large fish down.

The young looking adult woman wore a grim look on her face as she stared down at the child. However, her expression changed quickly and put on a small smile on her face.

"That means I get to go right! To the Hunters Exam!" exclaimed the child as he stepped forwards with a grin.

Letting out a soft sigh, the woman couldn't help but keep smiling as she slowly nodded. Hesitant, noted Saiki. In a blink of an eye, Saiki and the child, along with the woman was in front of a boat. Huh?

"Please watch over him, Saiki, sorry for burdening this on you"

Excuse me? Saiki didn't voice his confusion nor showed it since he felt he would never get an explanation from the adult. Heaving out a sigh of defeat, Saiki had no choice but to follow the little boy up the steps to the boat.