Aftermath

"You're not coming with us, are you?" Bellamy questioned Clarke. Clarke knew Bellamy was going to ask this question eventually. As much as she wanted to go home with her family and friends she knew she had to stay in Polis for her people.

" Bell, we talked about this; I can't come home...atleast not yet, I need to be here for—." Bellamy cut her off before she could finish her statement.

" For our people....you already said that. What about us?"

" Bell–——"

" You know, when you left, I'd never felt so alone, so lost... so incapable of doing even the smallest tasks but when you're around I feel more connected to you than any woman I ever met Clarke. Don't do this, please come home with us." Bellamy begged. He'd felt so vulnerable.

" Bell," Clarke began, voice breaking." I'm sorry I left you but I have to do this. I really do and you have to understand my reasons."

" Fine. You do what's best for us." Bellamy said flatly and left Clarke heartbroken alone in the room that they made love.

      ******************************

The night was starless and the moon was covered by murky clouds that blended in with the rest of the sky. Skaikru and some grounders had sat around a fire making small talk and drinking the moonshine that had become famous amongst the grounders.

" I gotta say, wanheda and the commander really did something that no one else ever came close to achieving." Echo said to Bellamy joining him under a tree and offering him some of the moonshine. " I mean the clans are living together and what's even mind blowing is the fact that we accepted skaikru into our clans."

" The Ice Nation, your people are still posing a threat to the coalition." Bellamy said to her while gulping the moonshine she offered in one take.

" We won't be a problem Bellamy, that is why some of us are still here as a show of good faith. Easy on that." Echo warned Bellamy as he took his moonshine." This drink is pretty strong."

" What do you want Echo?" Bellamy questioned curtly.

" Just want to talk to you. You're always sitting alone and sad. All because of a woman. Kinda pathetic if you ask me." Scoffed Echo.
" I mean, there are plenty of women here at camp and there's me. Let me take that pain away from you Bellamy. Make you see that there is more to life than your blonde girl."

Echo said flirtatiously while moving closer to Bellamy who was now tipsy from the moonshine he chugged. Bellamy thought of Clarke and the way she broke his heart by refusing to come home with him. He thought of how angry he was at her and at that moment he pulled in Echo for a deep passionate kiss in hopes of forgetting Clarke.