✧ ASIA ARTIST AWARD ✧

Start from the beginning

"I'm sorry for bringing you up it's uncalled for."

"That's the nicest way to put it and saying that you're shocked I have a boyfriend is so insulting."

"I swear I didn't mean it negatively, I meant it in the sense that you never gave me any signals so I'm shocked that he got signals."

"That's insulting to him too. I didn't give you any signals because I didn't like you in that way."

"I'm sorry," Hyunjin said. The two stayed silent for a moment and he spoke up again, "Your boyfriend, he's lucky to have you."

"Yeah," Fai trailed, Hyunjin just had to make the atmosphere even more awkward, "Please don't bring me up again. I don't care whether it's positive or negative, I just find it really unnecessary."

"I understand and I definitely know that."

"Alright, at least we cleared the air," Fai nodded slowly, "I'm going back to the show."

Fai returned back to the seat assigned to her, she was seated with the other two soloists who came to Vietnam for the award show, being Zico and Kang Daniel. The three of them would speak to each other throughout the show, they had to especially since the show is 4 and half hours and they were only three hours in. Fai already knew Zico throughout the years through BigHit as Zico knew BTS and BangPD. Fai knew Kang Daniel as he used to be with Wanna One and their schedules would always clash. Fai put her arms on the table in front of her, resting her chin on her hand as she waited for the award show to continue since it was currently an ad break.

"Zico Oppa," Fai suddenly said, catching the attention of the two men she was sitting with, "What're you excited for today?"

"Ummm," Zico pondered.

"Your paycheck?" Fai asked jokingly.

Both Zico and Daniel laughed, "I know I'm getting some awards tonight but I don't know which ones. I'm excited to find out what I got."

"What about you Daniel Oppa," Fai diverted the attention to the other soloist sat on the table.

Daniel covered his mouth for whatever he was going to say so it can't be caught by a camera or the audience, the two others moved closer to hear him clearly. Daniel whispered, "My girlfriend."

Fai's eyes almost bulged out of their sockets. Fai was a bit clueless to put it nicely, she rarely knew about who was dating who for the simple reason of, 'I don't care' so Daniel having a girlfriend was news, "Your what now?"

"My girlfriend... It was exposed in August. Didn't you know?" Daniel asked he was shocked that Fai didn't know as it was all over the news for a solid week.

"Well in August I was preparing for my tour so I stayed off my phone." Fai lied through her teeth, Zico snorted. He knew Fai was lying because he went to the BigHit building multiple times to use their practice room, every time he walked past the artist lounge Fai was sprawled out on the couch using her phone, "Who is it?"

"Jihyo from Twice," Daniel answered.

Fai looked over to Twice, the group was seated in front of them. Fai tried to do an order of operation, trying to figure out who Jihyo is but failed. The truth is, she only knew the names of two members of Twice. Tzuyu because they were friends, Chaeyong because Fai went to her boyfriend's tattoo parlour and she saw Chaeyong there. To put it nicely, it was an awkward experience. In Fai's defence, JYP did a terrible job at giving the girls solo opportunities so how would Fai know all nine of their names if they weren't given the opportunity to promote themselves individually.

Fai went back to looking at Daniel, "Which one is she?"

"The leader," Daniel whispered.

"Oh, Oppa that's really cool! Congrats!"