✧ NEW YEARS EVE ✧

It was New Years Eve, Fai was ready to leave 2019 behind and enter 2020 in peace without any drama. Fai had no schedule that day, her aunt and two cousins along with their families planned to holiday at Jeju but BigHit told Fai that she could not as it would be too hectic as she had filming to do on the first of January. So Fai just went to the EXO concert and enjoyed her time there.

Once the concert ended at around ten, Suho offered Fai to celebrate the New Years with the EXO members but Fai respectfully declined, she wanted to go to sleep as soon as possible. Fai dragged Kai to drive Fai over to their grandmother's house so that she could spend the night with her.

Fai got to her grandmother's house at a quarter to 11 with her bag in one hand and a bunch of fried chicken in the other. Fai's grandmother scolded her for wanting to eat food so late at night, something about greasy food and indigestion. Kai spent around half an hour at the house then excused himself, so Fai and her mother spent time together watching her favourite soap drama while she explained the lengthy plot to Fai.

"Why didn't you bring your friend Jeno today?" Fai's grandma asked as they were peeling apples, "I really like him, he's quite handsome and respectful."

"Jeno is busy today, they're performing." Fai said switching to the MBC channel, "Let's watch it."

Fai's grandmother hit Fai's hand, "Why are you switching the channel without my permission?"

"Grandma, just watch would you?"

Fai's grandmother turned looking at her weirdly, "Why aren't you on that stage?"

"They didn't invite me. BTS declined because they're busy so MBC decided to not invite anyone from the label."

"What?" She scoffed, "That type of behaviour is unacceptable."

"Whatever Grandma," Fai ate a piece of the apple, "Performing during New Years is really lonely, at least I'm here with you today."

"So you only came because you have no one else to go to?"

"When you put it that way it sounds pretty bad."

"That's because it is."

Fai snuggled into her grandmother to annoy her, "Grandma, I love you SOOO much."

"I love you too! Just get off me, I'm old," She tried to shove Fai off.

Fai went back to her seat and scoffed, "You're not old!"

"I am and because of that, I'm going to bed," Fai's grandmother stood up.

"Don't you want to count down with me?"

She pecked Fai's forehead, "Happy new year dear, I hope that next year will be much better than this."

"Good night," Fai watched her grandmother leave the room. Fai stared at the wall then muttered to herself, "I have a feeling that 2020 won't be so great."

Fai shook off the negative thoughts and continued to watch the gayo on TV. NCT already performed so Fai felt that there was no one else she'd like to watch. So she left the living room, taking the bowl of apples with her. Fai went to the guest room, switching on the lights and laid on the bed thinking for a couple of minutes.

Fai held her hand up and stared at her nails, "Am I really going to countdown to 2020 while painting my nails?" Fai thought to herself then shrugged, "Fuck it."

Fai got up and started to look for the nail polish she bought. It's been a couple of days since she got her nails done and they were peeling off, it was a bit embarrassing and Fai was too impatient so she decided to take matters to her own hands.

Fai hummed as she painted her nails, she was only three nails down until her phone started to ring. She took a peek at who was calling then accepted the call putting it on speaker, "What's up Oppa?"

"Hey."

"How's New York treating you?" Fai asked.

"It's alright, it's freezing. I'm really nervous for tonight." Jungkook answered.

"Being nervous is good, that means you care about doing well."

"You're right. What're you doing?"

"I'm painting my nails."

"How's that going?"

Fai squinted her eyes staring at her left-hand, all five of her nails were dark blue, "It's hideous, I knew I should've gone for the pink."

Jungkook let out a small laugh, "I'm sure it looks pretty."

Fai took a look at the time, 11:59pm in Korea, "Its almost 10am, you shouldn't be awake so early."

"I know, I just need to tell you something."

"Whatever you need to say isn't any more important than sleep."

"I like you Fai," Jungkook said. Fai froze, her nail polish dripping onto her fingers.

So much for leaving 2020 peacefully, Fai thought.

- - -

⋰˚☆ Aya's Thoughts

who would've seen that coming (sarcasm)

so tell me, how should fai reply?