{33}

__________________

__________________

Louis' POV:

"What's that?" Liam asked, looking at the stack of papers in my hands. Zayn was sitting on the couch next to him.

"Uh..." I looked to Harry who gave me an encouraging nod, raising his eyebrows. "They're.. they're adoption papers." I bit my lip to stop myself from smiling too large.

"What! No way!" Liam hopped up from the couch looking to Harry immediately, a large grin taking over his face. "You asked him?" He confirmed with Harry, cheering again when Harry nodded with a smile.

"And you said yes?" Zayn asked, also smiling when I nodded. "That's great, boys." Zayn furrowed eyebrows, his tone genuine. He looked like he was trying very hard not to get emotional.

"Yeah, there was small change in plans, but it all worked out." Harry looked to me with a chuckle.

"Are we finally getting a cat or something? I heard adoption." Niall asked as he walked into the living room to join everyone else. He glanced from me to Harry quickly, a hopeful glint in his eyes.

"No, Niall. I... I asked Louis if he'd want me to become his legal guardian and he officially move in here." I could feel pride radiating off Harry's words, he sounded like he didn't want to stop saying those words. "And he does." He added, bringing his hand up to pat my back quickly.

Niall froze, his eyes widening slowly as he locked eyes with Harry. His jaw dropped open before it was overtaken with a shit eating grin. "Holy shit!" He yelled, throwing his arms up in excitement. "You're moving in here for good? You're not going anywhere?" He was beaming.

I nodded, holding the papers up a bit as proof, pursing my lips through a smile.

"Holy shit!" He exclaimed again, this time opening his arms to hug both me and Harry at the same time. I groaned immediately, staying stiff in his grip.

"Yeah, Niall, he's here for good." He smiled, sounding like he was comforting him. Harry patted his back, hugging him back and laughing a bit.

"Why didn't you tell us you were planning this, H?" Niall asked once I had broken out of his hug.

"Niall... you know you have issues with surprises." Liam raised his eyebrows.

"You told Liam?" Niall's jaw dropped dramatically, looking immensely offended. "That's low." He shook his head. "Zayn and I are excellent secret keepers, right Zaynie?" He looked to Zayn for support.

Zayn smiled guiltily, wincing a bit at the question.

"You knew too?!" He whipped his head to Harry, who was desperately trying to hold in a laugh.