{21}

____________________

Louis' POV:

"Come on, LouBear! I'll be your best friend?" Harry gave me an exaggerated smile, his eyes squinted so much that they were closed and his dimples prominent on his face.

I tried not to show him that I found him funny, but I ended up letting out a quiet laugh. Harry opened his eyes at the sound, but his smile grew impossibly bigger.

"I see you're laughing!" He exclaimed, pumping his fist in the air. "Get out of the car with me?" He smiled.

"Stop being such a fuc-freaking dork, and then maybe." I mumbled, feeling the corners of my lips quirk into a smile before I could stop it.

"Someone's gotta embarrass you." He shrugged. "And they're all too cool." He gestured to the rest of the lads who were waiting for us outside the car.

"Fine." I huffed, finally giving in to his nagging. He had been trying to convince me to get out of the car and go to a carnival we drove past on the way home for about five minutes.

"Yay!" Harry celebrated, jumping out of the car. I shook my head and followed him to where everyone was standing.

Him and Niall were already walking toward the line as I started walking a bit slower with Liam and Zayn.

"He convinced you?" Liam offered a smile. I nodded, making him laugh.

"I swear the only reason he went to law school is to convince people to go to carnivals with him." Zayn rolled his eyes.

"I'd believe it." I smiled.

We all walked up to the ticket vender and Harry greeted her.

"What can I do for you?" She greeted politely.

"Convince him to let me go home." I muttered, trying to distract myself from the terrifying rides that surrounded me. The lady looked a bit surprised by my blunt answer, but she then started to laugh along with the rest of the boys.

"Ignore him please." Harry rolled his eyes, his lips twisted into a fond grin. I smiled as I watched Harry try to pay the least amount for tickets as possible. He handed out the wristbands that were the cheapest option.

I looked around at the roller coasters and exhaled shakily, trying to calm down. Hearing people screaming on the rides and seeing the crowds of people waiting in line made my heart start to race.

"Here you go, Lou." Harry grinned as he gave me a wristband. I took the band with shaky hands. I struggled to secure it on my wrist and I couldn't get the sticky part to stay on as my palms were sweating quite a bit. My repeated failure caused me to groan in frustration.

Harry noticed me and wordlessly took it from my hands. He wrapped it around my wrist, while continuing his conversation with Liam.

It almost annoyed me how that small action made me smile. I couldn't understand why.