{13}

kind of a short/filler chapter

I think next chap will be much longer and I'm going to get that out very soon for once

_________________

"Hazza?" A sweet voice was heard behind Harry.

"Yes, Lou?" Harry responded, smiling at the five year old, who was looking up at him through his eyelashes. Harry picked up the boy and looked into his eyes as they were now at the same height.

"Do you love your mummy and daddy?" He asked, curiously.

"Of course I do, sweetheart." Harry answered, before furrowing his eyebrows. "Why are you asking?" Louis shrugged shyly before resting his head on Harry's shoulder. "Hmm?" Harry asked, swaying playfully, trying to get a giggle out of the lad, yet he didn't get a reaction.

"Dunno." He shrugged, bringing his arms up adorably. They both remained quiet for a while, Harry watching Louis' face, who was deep in thought.

"Do I love my mummy and daddy?" He questioned. Harry was thrown off by the question

"Well, Lou, I think so, but you are the only one that can decide that." Harry responded carefully.

"How?" He asked.

"Well..." He sighed, "you know you love someone if they make you happy, you want what's best for them, and they matter a whole lot to you." Harry tried to simplify the complex emotion.

"I love you then." Louis timidly said.

"I love you more." Harry teased, tickling Louis, now getting the famous laugh that Harry adored.

"No! I love you this much." He opened his arms out as wide as he could, making Harry's heart melt.

__________

Louis' POV:

"Um, Harry?" I seemed to bring Harry out of his thoughts.

"Sorry?" He responded, not having heard what I said.

"What the actual fuck?" I pointed at the heart-shaped pancakes he had just handed to me.

"What?" He defended the pancakes. I rolled my eyes and leaned back in the chair I was sitting in. He sat down next to Zayn.

"How come I don't get a heart?" Zayn teased, holding up his plate of normal pancakes.

"I only made a few. I guess Louis got lucky." Harry shrugged.

"Hell yeah I did." I mumbled sarcastically, taking a bite of the pancake, which was actually very good.

"If you're not going to appreciate the pancakes, I can get you some norm—"

"No," I blurted out, my face getting red after doing so. "I totally love them." I made sure my tone was still sarcastic, to make up for my embarrassment.

"Well, then you may keep them." Harry joked, starting to eat his pancakes.

"Yo, yo." Niall and Liam walked into the kitchen with groceries in their hands.