{31}

________________

________________

Louis' POV:

I was seconds away from killing Brendon. I lost count of the amount of times I kicked him under the dinner table.

My warnings only encouraged him to say more stupid shit around Harry and the rest of the lads. He loved annoying me.

I had hesitantly agreed to Harry's offer for me to invite him over for dinner and was fully regretting my decision at this point.

"I usually stay away from edibles cause I'll take too many— hand rolled is the way to go." He was explaining his weed preferences after Niall joked about the brownies Zayn made having weed in them.

My eyes shot to Harry, nervous for how he was reacting. He was already looking to me, an unreadable expression on his face. He wasn't smiling or frowning, making me more anxious. I forced my eyes away from him before I could deduce his feelings toward Brendon. I wanted them to get along, but I wasn't sure why I even cared.

Zayn had raised his eyebrows, looking extremely amused, Niall laughed, and Liam was looking more concerned than anything.

"Brendon, shut the fuck up." I muttered, taking an aggressive bite of food. I didn't dare look to Harry, knowing he wouldn't like this conversation topic. "He's joking." I added, not wanting everyone to think he was always high—even though he was most of the time.

"I'm not–"

"Are your ears just there for decoration?" I cut him off, turning to him with a warning look. He scoffed out a laugh, amused at my anger.

"How'd you boys become friends?" Liam asked, picking up on the tension and changing the subject.

"He's in my English class." I explained curtly.

"I showed him around on his first day. I basically made him become my friend; he was super unapproachable." Brendon smiled when I rolled my eyes.

"Obviously not unapproachable enough." I scoffed at him. Brendon laughed at that, shoving my shoulder with his mouth full of food.

"Don't act tough. You fuckin' love me." He argued. I felt my lips quirk up for a second as I scoffed, turning to glare at him. He's such an ass.

I finally had the courage to see how Harry was reacting, expecting him to be glaring at us. I was surprised when I looked to him and he had a fond smile on his face. I didn't understand why he looked happy–Brendon was not a particularly good influence; he has been swearing and talking about drugs all night.

"They're adorable." Niall pointed between me and Brendon while turning to Harry.

"The cutest." Harry agreed with a nod, his tone genuine as he furrowed his eyebrows.