{38}

__________________

__________________

Louis' POV:

I had a routine. Something that kept my brain perfectly distracted so I didn't have to think about anything real.

Take two pills, go to school, come home, take another two pills, read my book, have dinner, go to my room and read until morning. Then repeat it.

This would be the third day I was living like that, and the forth day without sleep. It was testing me. I was going to have to start upping how many I took if I wanted to continue because the adderall was loosing its effect as I grew accustomed to it.

"Hey. Are you listening to me?"

My head snapped up, clearing whatever fog I was in. I was met with Zayn, who was pulling on his jacket, glancing over his shoulder at me.

"Huh? Yeah." I smiled up at Zayn, the action was getting exhausting.

"Sure you were." He rolled his eyes, looking amused.

"I was. But can you repeat it still? I enjoyed listening the first time so much, I'd like to hear it again." I put my hood up on my hoodie, leaning back against the couch so far I was staring up at the ceiling.

"I asked if you were ready, I've got to drop you off at Harry's office." Zayn tilted his head questioningly.

Why was I going to Harry's office? I should know this. He was looking at me like I should know.

"Yeah, I'm ready." I forced my lips to quirk up again.

It was feeling good for the first two days. It really was, but it wasn't giving me the same amount of energy it used to. I hated how dependent my body was on sleep.

My eyes constantly felt heavy and I couldn't stop the nervous smile from taking over my face at any small detail.

I was overdoing it a little, but it was okay; I was still in control. I strayed off my schedule, taking some extra pills here and there, but it wasn't too much.

"Ready?"

"Yeah, I just said–"

Oh. We weren't at home anymore. We were outside of Harry's office. I looked around in shock, feeling like I teleported.

My body was practically on autopilot, numbly following directions. Zayn was not breaking his gaze, staring intently at me as I quickly averted my eyes, taking in my surroundings.

I didn't remember a single detail from the drive over here. I must have been acting so weird; Zayn is looking at me like I have three heads.