{39}

__________________

__________________

Louis' POV:

The two days after I started to get sober were horrible. I was nauseous, had a massive headache, and could hardly use my brain. I spent the entire time in bed, my body begging for the sleep I had been denying it.

I was exhausted and had no energy, yet still could hardly sleep for more than an hour without having terrible images flash through my head.

It was torture being so exhausted and still unable to get the sleep I needed. The lads worked very hard to get me to do as little as sit up in bed and eat.

I heard a knock at my bedroom door, causing me to groan and pull the covers over my head.

The door creaked open. The lads stopped waiting for an invitation by this point due to the fact I was always either asleep or wishing I was.

"Louis, lad, rise and shine." I heard Liam speaking. I peaked out from under my blanket, met with both Liam and Zayn.

I squinted at the brightness coming from outside my room. Liam was adamant about waking me up at the same time to try and create some sort of a sleep schedule.

"I made you my specialty." Zayn held a cup in his hand and glanced to Liam with a small smile.

"How many times do I have to tell you that drink does not help anything more than water. It's a placebo." Liam was smiling a bit too now.

"No, I don't care what your medical degree says; it helps." Zayn argued back playfully, telling me they've obviously fought about this before.

He reached the side of my bed, holding out the bizarre drink. I haven't had the energy to ask what is in it, all I know is that it tastes terrible and is a worrying shade of green.

"I don't want another one." My voice was hoarse as I looked up at them with heavy eyelids.

"You've got to drink something. I brought water if you don't want Zayn's concoction." He put a glass down on my nightstand.

"Get any sleep?"

"Yeah, loads." I huffed sarcastically, sitting up with a groan and leaning against the headboard. "Like an hour." I told them the truth.

"Only an hour all night? That's rough." Liam frowned.

"I'm fine." I shook my head, closing my eyes for a moment, wishing I could be sleeping.

"Mm. I'm sure you are." Zayn rolled his eyes to make it obvious he didn't believe me. "This should be your last day of complete hell." He crossed his arms as he looked down to me with a more saddened expression.

"It's definitely the last day you're allowed to spend completely in bed." Liam spoke more sternly.

"I can't say I missed seeing this side of you." Zayn teased, causing Liam to roll his eyes.