{23}

♕

♕.  ♕.  ♕.  ♕

_________________

_________________

A nine year old Louis limped to the very old, and hardly used phone booth. It was about a four minute walk, or hobble, from his house.

Louis picked up the phone with a shaky hand for the millionth time, dialed the numbers he dialed every time, and stared at the phone.

He wiped off the tears that had fallen onto the telephone and debated whether or not he should dial the last number.

Harry's number.

He let out a quiet sob, leaning his sore body against the glass wall of the booth. Louis' eye was darkening and his left leg hurt whenever he put pressure on it.

A fit of sobs left the young boy's mouth as he shook his head.

"H-he doesn't c-care." Louis whispered to himself through his tears. He punched the wall of the telephone booth in frustration, only hurting his fragile body more.

In impulse, Louis dialed the last number, sniffling into the phone as he heard it ring.

One ring, two rings, three....

"Ellow?" It was him. His voice sounded the exact same as the last time he called.

Louis hung up immediately, a heartbreaking sob, louder than before escaping through his lips.

He harshly leaned against the phone booth, slowly sliding down until he sat on the floor. He cradled his knees in his arms. He sat there, tears running down his bruised cheek, shivering from the cold outdoors.

__________

Harry's POV:

"Are you sure you're okay to see her?" I asked Louis quietly as we walked down the stairs to the car, Niall, Liam, and Zayn close behind.