"You're a puppet of darkness without passion. You don't want anything or wish for anything. As one who lives in the shadows, you can feel pleasure when people die. That's how dad and I raised you. What would you accomplish by becoming a Hunter? " A clenching sound from Gon.

"True, I don't desire to become a Hunter. But, I do have something I want" Killua said softly as small beat of sweat runs down.

"You don't"

"I do! There's something I really want!"

"Tell me, what is it that you want" A silent pause in the ring.

"What's wrong? There's nothing you really want, is there?"

"That's not it!" Another moment of silence.

"I want to become friends with Gon. I'm sick of killing people. I want to become friends with Gon, and to live a normal life" heavy breathing, a slight shock.

"That is impossible" Jaws tightening. 

''You'll never be able to make friends. Your only concern when you meet someone is whether you should kill them. That's how you were trained. You just don't know how to classify Gon because he's too dazzling for your eyes. You don't actually want to become friends with him" manipulative.

"You're wrong"  a little bit of hope.

"If you stay with him, you'll end up wanting to kill him one day. You'll get the urge to see if you can kill him or not. Because you have the soul of a killer"

"Nii-san" Saiki hummed in respond.

"Is everything that Killua's brother is saying true?" Saiki took a glance down at the green headed teen beside him before looking back up. 

'I cannot confirm that. He is being manipulative' a slight frown.

Leorio looked like he had enough of the talk and was about to step in, but one of the man in black had blocked him and had to reason with the enraged future doctor, however, that didn't seem to stop the teens mouth though.

"Killua! I don't give a damn if he's your brother. He's a worthless piece of crap! Don't listen to him! Just beat the crap out of him like usual and win! You want to become friends with Gon? Are you daft? You already are friends! I'm sure that is how Gon feel! Right?" yelled Leorio, trying to get his words into the frozen silver young teen and looking at the green child.

"Killua! We are already friends!" agreed Gon, also trying to help Killua out of the mess he is in.

"Really?"

"Hell yeah!"

"Really. That's no good. He considered Kil a friend. Okay, I'll kill Gon" declared Illumi ( i can't keep calling him Killua's brother).

Saiki couldn't tell if the tall individual was lying or not, so just in case, he pulled the frightened green teen towards him, keeping his hands on his shoulders as comfort. Soft gasp can be slightly heard from Kurapika, clenching of the jaws from Leorio, stern watchful eyes of the chairman and a small glare from a clown, Saiki was not sure why. 

" A killer doesn't need any friends. They'll only slow you down" said Illumi with killer intent, pins and needles drawn out.

"Where is he?" asked, demanded, Illumi as he turns to leave the ring, making Saiki hide the terrified green head child behind him, completely covering him. Saiki would have done the same for Killua, but he will immediately be blocked by the 'guards'.

As Illumi slowly stalked his way towards the last place he saw the green teen, which was by Saiki, he was stopped by one of the so-called guards. However, the unknown figure was shot with needles and pins in his forehead, making him fall unconscious. Before Illumi can take a step further, three figures blocked his way towards the pink headed teen and the hiding younger teen. Right in front of him were Kurapika, Hanzo, and Leorio.

"This won't do. I need the Hunter license for my job. If I kill them then I would automatically fail and Kil would win. Darn, same thing goes for Gon. I know. I'll pass the exam before killing Gon" threatened and frightened.

"You have to beat me to save Gon" said Illumi as he turned to face his sweating brother, then, he walked forward.

"Will you fight me for your friends sake? You can't do it. Because you're more worried about whether or not you can defeat me" a silent gasp, a silent shock.

"And you already have your answer: "I'm not strong enough to beat my brother. Never fight an enemy you can't beat." I drilled that into you" a raised of a hand, heavy breathing, shaking form, an attempt to step back.

"Don't move! If you move an inch, I'll assume that the fight has begun. And if out bodies make contact, that will also mean that the fight has begun. There's only one way to stop me. You know what that is. But don't forget..."

"Kil-!?" a cover to the mouth.

'Sorry Gon, sorry Killua'

"If you don't fight me, your dear Gon will die" a battle of words, a defeat, a lose, concerned and worried.

Illumi had won that round that day. Even with it over, Killua never responded back to the worried questioned being asked to him by Leorio and Gon. All he did was zoned out and made his way out of the ring, he was closed by to the other's, but was far out of reach for them.

'To protect. That's all I had to do' a hum of approval, words being spoken through his mind, softly and gently.