Chapter 9 - Introduction to Marnie

At Marnie & Piers' home in Spikemuth Town:

"Hey sis, I recently got news that Leon challenged a trainer to a battle and won the match himself after an intense fight," said Piers.

"Who did Leon battle and where did you get this news from?" asked Marnie.

"I heard from Raihan and according to him, the trainer that Leon challenged and narrowly won against was Ash Ketchum," replied Piers.

"Ash Ketchum? Who is he?" asked Marnie.

"The Champion of Alola, and is also the Pokemon Master," said Piers.

"Interesting. Must be a powerful trainer if he put up a close fight against Leon," said Marnie.

"I'd definitely say so. In fact, Leon invited him to compete in the World Coronation Series, and he accepted," said Piers.

"Now that's remarkable. I'd like to battle him myself since my goal is to become a Champion myself and that I am also registered in the tournament," said Marnie.

"Just take note that he is a very powerful trainer so be careful if you do battle him," advised Piers.

"Of course. Even if I lose, I at least get stronger and learn from the battle," said Marnie.

"That's the spirit," said Piers.

"The question is: Where is Ash right now?" asked Marnie.

"Good point. I guess you'll have to contact Leon and ask him for any possibilities," said Piers.

"Alright then," said Marnie as she got the home phone and dialled a number.

A short moment later, Leon answered the phone. "Hello, this is Leon. Who am I speaking to?"

"Hi Leon. This is Marnie you're speaking to. My brother Piers told me that you recently battled a trainer called Ash Ketchum and narrowly won against him," said Marnie.

"That's right. He is a very unique trainer. A worthy adversary if you ask me," said Leon.

"Apparently he is the Champion of Alola and the Pokemon Master," added Marnie.

"Correct. He is now challenging the gyms and other trainers from his rank class in order to be able to battle me again when the finals of the World Coronation Series approach," said Leon.

"Do you know where he could possible be at the moment?" asked Marnie.

"Not too sure. I'll have to contact him first then get back to you," said Leon.

"Alright, thanks Leon," said Marnie.

"Not a problem. I'll talk to you later," said Leon as he hung up.

"So how did it go?" asked Piers.

"Leon will have to inform Ash about me first then let me know his whereabouts afterwards," answered Marnie.

"Fair enough," said Piers.

At Hulbury Town:

Ash's Current Rank: 850, rose from 900 after defeating a trainer on the way who challenged him.

"Here we are," said Ash after he and Gary, Goh and Chloe have entered a cabin as part of the Pokemon Centre accommodation.

Seconds later, Ash's Nanodex began to beep in his pocket.

"Wonder what this is about," Ash thought to himself as he took the Nanodex out of his pocket, only to find that the call was from Leon. As the raven haired answered the call, a hologram of Leon appeared above the Nanodex.