Chapter 31 - Opening of the Master Class Battles

A week after Ash, his friends, Leon and Sonia visited the Slumbering Weald located west of Postwick Town, the raven-haired trainer finally made his way to the Masters Class once defeating 2 more trainers at Wyndon City.

Shortly after entering the Master Class, the raven-haired trainer informed Leon, who made a public announcement addressing the following:

The Master Class Battles of the World Coronation Series will be held in 7 days from now, at Wyndon Stadium. Everyone is welcome to spectate. The members of the Master Class along with their rankings are as follows:

Leon: Rank 1, Ash: Rank 2, Raihan: Rank 3, Bea: Rank 4, Bede: Rank 5, Marnie: Rank 6, Calem: Rank 7, Trip: Rank 8.

Unlike the Master Class Battles from the previous season, which were one on one, all matches in this event will be full battles instead. The elimination method will be used, from 8 to 4, 4 to 2 and 2 to 1, with the last trainer standing declared as the monarch and the strongest trainer in the world.  

We look forward to seeing all of you there and best of luck to the eight participants mentioned above.

"Sounds like the announcement has been finally made," said Ash after reading the update from his Nanodex, which was released this morning. 

It was the day after Ash had reached the Master Class and informed Leon regarding his position, and the entire group have just finished breakfast at a pancake parlour close to the Pokemon Centre. 

"So what shall we do now?" asked Chloe as the group began walking outside the restaurant to a park that was a few hundred metres away.

"The usual training for me," said Ash.

"Of course it is," said Dawn laughing and a few seconds later, the group came across another mob of people they did not want to see.

"Well, well, well. Look who it is," said Trip as the two groups of people crossed paths.

"Nice seeing you lot here," said Gary with heavy sarcasm.

"Could say the same for you guys here," retorted Calem.

"So, Ash Ketchum. It seems like you have managed to make it to the Master Class after seeing Leon's public announcement, guess that you're not much of a little kid at all," sneered Iris.

"Iris, sometimes I wonder how you manage to still live with yourself, seeing how overconfident you still continue to be after losing to Ash 2-3 times in a row," said Dawn in exasperation and the purple-haired trainer gave the blunette a cold glare.

"I may have lost, but that doesn't mean the same will be happening Trip and Calem in the Master Class Battles," retorted Iris.

"In fact, it will be the complete opposite," added Kenny.

"Ash has defeated you before. And he will defeat you again," said Brock.

"Don't judge too soon until the battle," said Misty.

"That's some confidence you've got there," said Clemont.

"Let's see how long it will last and who shall prevail in the end," said Serena.

"Your funeral," said Trip.

"Anyway, we're off. Got better stuff to do than wasting more time hanging around you lot," said May and the traitors continued walking off, leaving Ash and his friends giving them a cold glare.

"It's sad to see how after all these times since the betrayal, they don't seem to have learnt their lesson," said Bonnie in disappointment.

"Especially after the Global Pokemon Battle Tournament in Alola," added Max.