Chapter 34 - Leon VS Bede

Bede's Pokemon Moveset Update:

Rapidash: Swords Dance, Play Rough, Psycho Cut, Drill Run.

Gardevoir: Shadow Ball, Psychic, Moonblast, Mystical Fire.

Hatterene: Dazzling Gleam, Dark Pulse, Psyshock, Trick Room.

Mawile: Swords Dance, Iron Head, Play Rough, Ice Fang.

Sylveon: Calm Mind, Hyper Voice, Mystical Fire, Dig.

Weezing: Strange Steam, Sludge Bomb, Fire Blast, Dark Pulse.

"This will be an official battle between Leon and Bede, where substitutions are allowed at any time. Both trainers are permitted to use Mega Evolution, Z-Moves and Dynamax or Gigantamax. The battle will be over when all of either side's Pokemon are knocked out. Can both trainers please send out their Pokemon?" requested the referee.

"Weezing, let's begin," said Bede as he sent out the Poison Gas Pokemon into the battlefield.

"So that is Galarian Weezing?" asked Bonnie.

"Yep and it is a poison and fairy type," answered Ash.

"Rhyperior, I'll start off with you," said Leon as he sent out the Drill Pokemon into the battlefield.

"What are the abilities of Galarian Weezing?" asked Dawn.

"Let me check," said Serena as she opened her PokeDex, which said the following: 

"Galarian Weezing has three possible abilities: Neutralizing Gas, Levitate or Misty Surge."

"So since there was no Misty surge that covered the battlefield when Weezing entered the battlefield, that means the ability is either Levitate or Neutralizing Gas," said Lillie.

"If it happens to be Levitate, that would render Rhyperior's type advantage as useless," said Chloe.

"Battle begin," said the referee.

"Rhyperior, begin with Swords Dance," said Leon as the Drill Pokemon created a circle of dancing animated swords, sharply raising its attack.

"Use Strange Steam," said Bede as Weezing fired a bluish purple steam from its mouth at the opposing Rhyperior, scoring a direct hit and confusing it.

"Use Earthquake," ordered Leon as Rhyperior slammed its body onto the ground that caused the battlefield to shake with the tremor approaching Weezing. Seconds later, Weezing appeared unfazed by the ground type attack.

"Well, it turns out to have Levitate," said Goh.

"Dark Pulse," said Bede as Weezing fired an beam of black rings covered in purple aura at the opposing Rhyperior, dealing more damage.

"In that case, use Ice Punch," said Leon, but the Drill Pokemon ended up flinching from getting hit the dark-type attack.

"Strange Stream once more," said Bede as Weezing fired off another bluish purple wave of steam from its mouth at Weezing and dealing more damage.

"Don't give up. Use Rock Wrecker," said Leon as Rhyperior got up, created a giant rock from its hands and hurled it at the opposing attack, easily overpowering the attack and scoring a direct hit on the opposing Weezing, instantly knocking it out.

"Weezing is unable to battle. Rhyperior wins," said the referee.

"In just one hit after all the trouble," said Gary in shock.

"That's Leon for you. He is the current Monarch of the World Coronation series," said Ash.

"Return, Weezing. Mawile, you're up next," said Bede as he recalled the Poison Gas Pokemon and sent out the Deceiver Pokemon.