Chapter 23 - Ash's 6th Galar Gym Battle

The next morning, after breakfast, with Ash and his friends entering Circhester Stadium:

"Greetings to the group of you. I assume one of you guys are here for a gym battle?" asked Melony as Ash and his friends entered the facility.

"Yep, that would be me," said Ash.

"And who might you be, young man?" asked Melony.

"Ash Ketchum," replied the raven-haired trainer.

"Alright, Ash, let's get started," said Melony as both of them made their way to either side of the battlefield while the rest of the group went to the spectating area.

"This will be an official 1-on-1 gym battle between the challenger Ash Ketchum and the gym leader Melony. Both sides are allowed to use 3 Pokemon each and the battle will be over when all of either side's Pokemon are knocked out. Can both trainers please send out their Pokemon," requested the referee.

"Frosmoth, you're first," said Melony as she sent out the Frost Moth Pokemon into the battlefield.

"So pretty," said Bonnie in awe and Melony smiled at her.

"Looks like an Ice and Bug type," said Clemont.

"That's correct," said Melony, who then turned to Ash. "So, who will you send out first?"

"Dragonite, I choose you," said Ash as he sent out the Dragon Pokemon into the battlefield.

"Wait what? Why Dragonite? Four times weak to Ice type attacks," said Dawn.

"Wait till you see it's moveset, Dawn," said Gary.

"I mean, at the same time, Frosmoth is also weak to Flying type attacks, so it does have an advantage, but definitely not as good as Frosmoth's advantage," said Clemont.

"Battle begin," said the referee.

"Very interesting choice. Use Quiver Dance," said Melony as Frosmoth began dancing around Dragonite while its body glowed white, increasing its special attack, special defense and speed.

"Use Dragon Dance," said Ash as Dragonite's body began spinning while its body became surrounded in orange energy, increasing its attack and speed.

"So they're both powering up. Wonder what moves both sides will use next," said Brock.

"Alright use Blizzard," said Melony as Frosmoth fired a powerful gust of snow at Dragonite.

"Charge through by using Fire Punch," said Ash as both of Dragonite's fists glowed red with fire and immediately canceled out the Blizzard attack while approaching Frosmoth.

"Dodge it," said Melony in shock, but due to Dragonite being faster, Frosmoth could not evade in time and was hit by the super effective attack and fainted as a result.

"Frosmoth is unable to battle. Dragonite wins," said the referee while still in shock and awe at how Dragonite managed to take down Frosmoth in just two turns.

"That was fast," said Lillie in shock.

"Well considering that Frosmoth is four times weak to fire type attacks, that's to be expected," said Serena.

"Not to mention that it was boosted by Dragon Dance and both fists were used instead of one," said Chloe.

"Return, Frosmoth," said Melony who recalled the Frost Moth Pokemon and then turned to Ash. "I must say, you definitely surprised and impressed me with how you managed to turn the tables despite being at a massive type disadvantage."

"Thanks Melony," said Ash.

"Let's see how you will deal with my next Pokemon. Go Eiscue," said Melony as the Penguin Pokemon appeared on the battlefleid.