Chapter 8 - Ash's 1st Galar Gym Battle

The next day after the confrontation with the traitors:

"Alright, let's head to the gym," said Ash after he, Gary, Goh and Chloe had finished eating breakfast at a restaurant near the Pokemon Centre. Less than a minute later, the four of them entered the Turffield Stadium.

"Greetings challeger. Very early to have people visiting the gym. My name is Milo, the gym leader of this town. Which of you are here for a gym battle?" greeted Milo.

"That would be me, by the name of Ash Ketchum," said the raven-haired trainer.

"Very well. Let's get started," said Milo as he and Ash went to either side of the battlefield while Gary, Goh and Chloe sat down in the spectating area.

"This will be a two on two gym battle between the challenger Ash Ketchum and the gym leader Milo. Substitutions are not permitted and the battle will be over when all of either side's Pokemon are unable to battle. Can both sides please send out their first Pokemon?" requested the referee.

"Gossifleur, I shall start with you," said Milo as he sent out the Flowering Pokemon into the battlefield.

"Gossifleur?" Ash thought to himself as he sent out the Nanodex, which displayed the following:

"Gossifleur, the Flowering Pokemon. A Grass-type, with the following possible abilities: Cotton Down, Regenerator or Effect Spore.

"New to the Galar Region?" asked Milo in curiosity.

"Yes. The four of us come from the Kanto region," replied Ash.

"I see," said Milo.

"Battle begin," said the referee.

"Gossifleur, begin with Sunny Day," said Milo as the Flowering Pokemon fired a bright ball of white light into the sky, causing the battlefield to become covered in harsh sunlight.

"Use Blizzard," commanded Ash as Lapras opened its mouth and fired a powerful gust of snow from its mouth towards Gossifleur, scoring a direct hit and dealing heavy damage on the Flowering Pokemon.

"Impressive," said Milo. "Solar Beam," ordered Milo as Gossifleur fired a powerful yellow beam of light towards Lapras.

"Block it with Psychic," said Ash as Lapras' eyes glowed light blue and a beam of light of the same colour towards the opposing Solar Beam. However, the Grass-type attack manage to overpower the Psychic type move, causing the Transport Pokemon to take super effective damage.

"Better finish this as soon as possible," Ash thought to himself.

"Finish this with one more shot of Solar Beam," commanded Milo as Gossifleur fired another powerful yellow beam of light towards Lapras.

"Use Hydro Pump and then freeze it with Blizzard," ordered Ash as Lapras fired a large jet of water, which was weakened due to the effects of Sunny Day, but was then frozen with a powerful gust of snow, turning the Water-type attack into an array of ice, which easily broke through the opposing Solar Beam and scoring a hit on Gossifleur, causing the Flowering Pokemon to be taken out of action.

"Gossifleur is unable to battle. Lapras wins," said the referee.

"Well done, Gossifleur. Take a good rest. Eldegoss, you're up next," said Milo as he recalled the Flowering Pokemon and sent out the Cottom Bloom Pokemon into the battlefield.

"Battle begin," said the referee.

"Alright, Ash, I hope you're ready for this," said Milo as he sent Eldegoss into its PokeBall, which became larger in size and was thrown into the battlefield, revealing the Cotton Bloom Pokemon in its Dynamax form.