19

***As promised, the next chapter is here. But it comes with a WARNING. There's some mature sexual content in this chapter. You've been warned, so if you don't like it don't read it! 

Enjoy my lovelies!! <3***

     After tossing and turning almost all night, my eyes creaked open and a stiff yawn rushed out. I had slept in, but my body felt like it hadn't gotten a good night's sleep in years. My muscles felt tightly bound, my head sluggish and groggy. I took a deep breath in and that's when I realized what I was missing. I couldn't smell Kastiel's scent in my room anymore.

     I missed my mate. 

     Kas had been gone for what felt like an immeasurable lifetime and seeing him the other day only made me miss him more. Thank goodness he was set to return to the pack today, or I don't know how much longer I could have gone without going stir crazy. I couldn't wait to see him again. I longed to have his scent wrapped around my senses in the way that only Kastiel could. If I sat back and thought hard enough I could just barely remember what his skin felt like as it brushed against my own. That realization was almost enough to make me shudder. 

     Was it normal to have this strong of withdrawal just from my mate? My heart was telling me I missed him terribly, but am I just being dramatic? I had a short lived relationship in high school with a boy who I thought I loved and I never felt anything even close to this level of severity. He went to a summer camp and was gone for two whole months and it felt normal. The things Kastiel makes me feel are just about as far from normal as you can physically get. He's only been gone for a few weeks and I feel as though I yearn more for his presence the longer he's away. 

     I suppose the line for what is normal and what isn't is a thin one when you can shift into a wolf at the drop of a hat. 

     The faint memories of my old life were flipping through my mind as I got out of bed and started a shower. Normal for me would have been focusing on my studies, my English literature and Psychology classes, my exams, my books. Instead i'm training in hand to hand combat and fighting techniques. Instead of hopelessly waiting for a cute boy to ask me to a school dance, I'm mated to an Alpha male who can't make up his mind. Instead of letting myself fall for a nerdy guy in one of my classes, the Moon Goddess has paired me with one of the most stubborn and hotheaded males I've ever met. None of the things I'd somehow grew accustomed to in my time here in the pack were considered regular by any means, but I suppose it would have to become my new normal. This is my home now, after all.

     When I got out of the shower and got dressed for the day I felt a giddiness bubbling in my stomach. I wasn't sure exactly what time my mate would be returning, but knowing I could be in his arms again at any moment had me so anxious and excited. I threw on my clothes and headed downstairs. No one was bothering with breakfast this morning, as we all had a big day ahead of us. As I went to pass by the kitchen, I caught the slightest movement and if I had blinked I would have missed her standing there. 

     "Caroline?!" I shrieked, halting in my path and throwing myself into the kitchen. She barely had time to register who it was and put her cup of coffee down before I bulldozed into her.

     "Vienna!" she exclaimed, wrapping her arms around me and squeezing. "I missed you like crazy! Do you know how insane those boys have been driving me over there?" she laughed, referring to all the warriors I imagine were confined all in one space.

     "Tell me everything." I said as I pulled back and looked at her. And she did. I really had missed Caroline, too. Since joining the pack she had honestly become like my best friend. She was always there when I needed her and she knew I'd do the same for her. She tossed her long golden hair over shoulder and dug deep into the pack gossip as we headed outside.