13

*** I left it on cliffhanger last chapter, sorry not sorry :D Don't hate me lol 

Warning: There is some sexual/mature content in this chapter. If you don't like it, don't read it. You've officially been warned! 

Onward to the story! ***

     "Hi, dad." My voice shook with emotion as I let out a harsh sigh. I watched through the window of his classroom as his eyes searched the room around him, without moving his head.

     "I'm sorry?" his voice remained even, as if he hadn't even heard me. 

     "Dad, it's me. I'm here, I came to see you-" he cut me off with a lighthearted chuckle. I was so confused.

     "No, I can assure you I don't need to extend my cars warranty." he said as if he were on the line with a telemarketer. 

     "I don't understand. If you don't want to talk to me, just say so." I hiccuped, feverishly wiping away the tears dripping down my chin. His eyes scanned the window until they met mine. His gaze locked with mine and his dark brown orbs were swirling with so much emotion, I couldn't pinpoint a certain one. His hand brought the phone away form his ear as he disconnected the line and I felt a few more tears escaping. What the hell was going on?

     Movement caught my eye, another shadow crossing the classroom. A burly man came to stand near my father, his arms crossed over his chest. All I saw was his thick build and the shine of his bald head, but I knew he was as menacing as I was picturing. I listened as hard as I could, trying to hone my sensitive hearing to pick out what they were saying. To my surprise it was working, my powers never ceasing to amaze me as they grew stronger and stronger.

     "An issue?" his deep voice questioned. Dad finally looked away from me as he addressed the buff guy.

     "No, Dominick, not unless you're threatened by a telemarketer." he said nonchalantly, as if he was bored of the entire situation. Dominick grumbled unhappily and leaned against one of the wooden tables. "I need to make some copies in the library, i'll be back shortly. Try not to break anything else in here, if you don't mind."

     He grabbed a stack of papers and stuffed them in his briefcase, sliding his jacket on. I knew there was a copy machine right across the hall, just as much as he knew. Before I could process anything else, I pulled out of the parking lot as fast as I could without it being too noticeable and tore off to the library. I parked and quickly jumped out of the car, pulling the hood of my jacket up over my head and pulling the string tight. The sun was going down as I hurried into the library, the colorful sunset reminding me of the very day Kastiel took me away from here. That seemed like a lifetime ago compared to where I was now.

     I stood in the dimly lit copy room of the library, just behind the door. I all but held my breath as I waited for something, anything to happen. Although I only waited a few minutes, it felt like an eternity. When I finally heard footsteps approaching, I held my breath until the figure strolled into the copy room, shutting the door behind him. He kept the lights dimmed, keeping me hidden in the shadow.

     "I have about three minutes before Dominick comes to find me." my fathers voice rushed out in hushed tones, his back to me as he put some papers on the copy table. 

     "You won't even look at me." I hissed. I let a low growl roll out of my throat. Upon hearing the sound, he stiffened. Of course he wouldn't look at me, he hated what I had become. He hunted my kind for sport. What I wasn't expecting, was for him to spin on his heels and face me, tears brimming his aged eyes.