22

"You've been Alpha for what, five minutes tops?" Noah asked, sarcastically as he clapped his hand on Kastiel's shoulder in a joking shove. "Now you've gone and called an emergency meeting that hasn't been called for in years?" He shook his head as he chuckled.

     "Is that bad?" I asked, tossing my glance back and forth between the three men before me. Marcus's worried look was still firmly in place, although we all knew he trusted Kastiel and his choices. Noah's whole panic-turned-hysterical attitude was really throwing me off despite Kastiel's attempt to console me. "How fucked are we?" I said, turning to Kas and raising my eyebrows at him. 

     His outstretched arm reached up to brush his skin against mine, but I crossed my arms against my chest. 

     "The other Alpha's won't be very happy at first. They don't like to be bossed around, it's an Alpha thing." Kas shrugged, like it was no big deal.

     "Alphas having big egos? Impossible." I smirked, as Kastiel narrowed his eyes playfully at me. Marcus chuckled, patting Kas on the shoulder before turning to leave. 

     "I'm heading to my office. I expect both of you there as soon as you're done here." he said over his shoulder. I didn't have to ask to know he meant Noah and Kastiel, meaning I wasn't invited. 

     "Once the other Alphas know what we know, they'll understand the importance behind the meeting. Everything will be fine." he said smoothly, laying the honey down thick. He was trying to reassure me and keep me from freaking out, which I would normally appreciate, except I knew he was keeping something from me. Somehow, once again, I was out of the loop. "Walk with me?" he held out his hand to me which I grudgingly took. I savored the warmth of his palm on mine as he instructed Noah to let Marcus know he'd be right up. Only after Noah was gone inside did I speak.

     "What aren't you telling me, and why." I said, my gaze hard and unwavering as I searched his eyes. I felt through the bond that his side was closed off, concealing his thoughts from me. He didn't want me in his mind, he was hiding something important from me. "Why am I not allowed in the meeting with Marcus."

     He pulled my hand to follow him as he headed inside the main pack house. He followed the hallway and took the staircase up to our side of the house. He sighed heavily as he stopped in front of his bedroom door, his free hand sitting frozen on the doorknob.

     "Trust that when you need to know, I'll tell you." he said quietly.

     "That is nowhere even remotely close to answering my question, Kastiel." I snapped, snatching my hand out of his grasp. The speed in which he spun around to face me caught me off guard, but my fuse was already at it's end with him. I felt weight in his stare, as if he was pushing his Alpha presence against me to make me bow down. I resisted, of course, keeping my gaze level with his trying my best to hold my edge. 

     "Do you trust me?" he asked more sternly, his jaw settling into a fine line.

     "Yes, but you're not telling me-"

     "Do. You. Trust. Me." he snapped harder on every word, making me flinch.

     I wanted to fight against this ridiculous hold he had on me. I wanted to tell him to take his trust and shove it where the sun doesn't shine until he proves to me that he won't hide anything from me anymore. I wanted to demand he let me come with him to speak with Marcus and Noah about whatever is being kept from me. The only problem was, the longer I stayed locked in on those damned blue eyes, the more I started bending. It wasn't even a full minute before I was melting into his gravitational pull. I sighed as my head dropped and I let my gaze fall to his chest.