一百三十七✔️

TW: disturbing themes, blood and death.

"Is mama okie?" Sīzhuī clutched onto lan qiren's robes with a pout on his face and asked holding onto Jīngyi's hands on the other side. Lan qiren looked down at his grandnephews and frowned sadly, not wanting to upset them he had thought of telling them a lie, but knowing very well that things were going to just get worse he had decided to tell them half of the truth.

"He will be fine" Lan qiren said with a disheartened look on his face and picked them off the ground to carry them back inside away from the snow storm which once the twins enjoyed with their mama.

It had been more than two weeks since they had met their mama, two weeks of them sleeping with their uncle. All they were just told was wei ying was fine and there was nothing to worry about, but the truth was wei ying's unborn child had finally formed it's demonic core leading younger to get bouts of harsh blood filled vomits and fainting spells.

"Are the twins fine lan zhan?" Wei Ying asked curling closer to his husband who laid next to him. Lan Zhan stared at Wei Ying for a good minute before he nodded carressing his incredibly pale face.

"Will you promise me one thing lan zhan?" Wei ying whispered turning into a cocoon under lan zhan's warm hold. The older nodded ready to hear his husbands plead.

"Will you take care of this child, if I'm gone?"

Lan Zhan froze and looked at wei ying's face with disbelief. If wei ying had known that he was going to die because of his childs selfish need why should he have ever thought of keeping it. He wasn't going to lose wei Ying this time! He wasn't willing to give up on his soulmates life for something worse than human.

"I can't promise something I do not desire" wei ying frowned hearing lan zhan speak in such a way. He did not say anything and cuddled closer to him when he felt those rather very harsh kicks through his stomach.

He chose not to say anything since he knew that lan wangji, was not wrong when he said that he did not desire to have this child let alone accept it. Why would he do such a thing when wei ying himself knows that the child wasn't going to do any good to him even if it's born, forming a demonic core within just a month was something not human, just when he had thought that the unborn child would stop craving for resent, it had slowly started sucking the life out of him.

"I do not blame you" wei ying whispered and chuckled slightly remembering the dumb thing he did a few months ago with the twins, knowing that it was possibly the last time his children and him had a fun encounter with eachother, wei ying closed his eyes with a smile on his face.

The next morning , wei ying woke up to the sound of rabbit's hopping around him and no sign of lan zhan next to him. He did not blame him for that since the man was already because of what he was doing.

"Did jiang cheng send a letter?" Wei Ying murmured under his breath looking at the letter he had received from an anonymous person, whilst he stood in front of the mirror to see what change he had gone through this time. 

"Tsk~ idiot didn't write his name" wei ying said and opened the letter with his scrawny weak hands. After a while of struggle he had finally opened the letter and started reading it hoping for something positive.

Dear wei,

Isn't it weird how you never wondered about your dearest grandmother's immortality. Doesn't it feel wrong thinking about the great immortal baoshan sanren dying of just getting stabbed.

It's pathetic how oblivious and pathetic you are not knowing that your dearest grandmother was just trying to make a sacrifice for you before she died.